Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all I have a 71GT and a 73GT and a trailer full of parts, I am working on the 71 which is stripped to the shell, i've been rooting through the boxes of spare parts to see what i have and do not have and need a little help.

Mystery wire......I have this engine harness wire that the ends are burnt off of if someone could tell me the circuit it goes to.

https://ibb.co/LCXM0Gx

2 rods with a eyelet and spring and a hook on the other end

A v shaped bracket that resembles a trailer hitch.....hahahaha

a set of speakers in a housing? a pic of this installed would be great, I also have a series of holes just below the rear window as if a shelf would screw to them but i do not have anything that looks like it would fit that radius

and last but not lease i got 2 cars and 2 of these but am not sure they belong to the opels

New to this whole forum thinngy so if the photos (needed to host somewhere) dont work just disregard the post and i will try to figure out how to get them on here.
and a big thanks for anyone who knows

Attachments

·
Detritus Maximus
2,193 Posts
If the ends are burned.....probably oil pressure sending unit. The wires go behind the engine on the firewall an over to the right side. The sending unit is low on the block behind the exhaust manifold.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
If the ends are burned.....probably oil pressure sending unit. The wires go behind the engine on the firewall an over to the right side. The sending unit is low on the block behind the exhaust manifold.
Yep, now that I look more closely, there are two wires, so almost certainly the oil pressure sending unit wires. Both connect to the sending unit; one is for the pressure gauge, the other for the warning light.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil pressure

Yep, now that I look more closely, there are two wires, so almost certainly the oil pressure sending unit wires. Both connect to the sending unit; one is for the pressure gauge, the other for the warning light.
that is it thanks for the help

·
Registered
581 Posts
Pic #5 is a previous owner's modification to the panel that connects between the shelf behind the seats and the spare tire compartment. The original speaker placement was on the shelf under the rear window, where you observed the holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts