Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I don’t currently own an Opel. I have in the past. A 1968 Kadett, a 1974 Manta and a 1970 GT in that order and all in the ‘70s. I would maybe still have the GT but for a friend spinning and backing into an orange barrel. I didn’t have insurance to cover the repairs and no cash.
The Kadett I traded in for the Manta which I later traded for a Triumph TR6. I wish I had all three back.
I’m on this site as I would like to find a GT that I can afford and enjoy. Not fully restored but a good driver.
Luigi

·
Vendor
2,572 Posts
Luigi,
Welcome to Opelgt.com.It sounds like your "opelitis" has flared up after being in remission for a while. :p
Where are you located, and about what is your budget for the GT? Are you willing to ship a car,
or only looking locally? How much work are you willing to do on the car, or are you looking for something
completely turnkey? There are usually a few GTs listed on eBay at any given time, so take a look there first.
Do a search on completed auctions to see about what driver quality cars are selling for these days.
Don't forget to include the expected shipping cost when you crunch the numbers. I wouldn't say Opel GTs are rare, but you
may want to take your time to find the car that fits all of your criteria above.
Cheers,
RR in FL

·
RunOpel
1,234 Posts
I second that, congratulations on joining, now you just need to get an Opel :yup:
Ron have you found an Opel GT yet or still waiting for space? You really need to get another Opel GT, its in your blood :yup:

·
Vendor
2,572 Posts
Ron have you found an Opel GT yet or still waiting for space? You really need to get another Opel GT, its in your blood :yup:
Dan,
I'm still "Opel-less in CF" but I'll see what happens once I get some additional garage space.
You are probably right about it being in my blood, since I lost pints of the stuff working
on my GT. :p
Cheers,
RR

·
RunOpel
1,234 Posts
Ron it will be good to get you back in an Opel GT. It just doesn’t seem the same as when you had your Opel. Not that your any different, just Opel less ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts