Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
530 Posts
HI Pete,
If all goes as planned I will be at the 28th car show with my Manta. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and having a nice relaxing day car watching.
Jeff P
It will be great to see you on Saturday, Jeff! Been too long, but I know how it goes. Let me know if you want to caravan down to Pete's.
-Jeff W

·
Registered
852 Posts
classic car show

Less than two day before our Classic car show. I would like to see more Opels
I have Jeff W, Jeff P, Bill H, Gerry, Hans (sawdust) coming. Can we see some
more Opels?
We are gonna have food,drinks, live music, lots of presents (26" lcd TV for grand price ). FREE t-shirts for the occation.
Hot Rod of Wisconsin Radio station they gonna have their trailer
Tire and Wheel Experts they gonna have their trailer and a retailer with
about 4000 die cast cars.
we are expecting around 150 classic cars.
Pete

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
Im going to be there too Pete. I got the 73 gt I won on evil bay last fall running. Looking forward to meeting all you guy's, sounds like the weather will be great too, see ya all Saturday

Pat

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hi everyone,
I will not be able to come on Saturday after all. My wife was hospitalized for 3 days this past week and needs a strong man to be home with her while she recovers. He is not available so I am stuck doing it! :p Seriously tho, she has been in very poor shape for almost 2.5 years due to a severe car accident she was in. The doctors finally found the source of most of her pain and fixed things in a 4 hour surgery. She is 95% better and looking to reach 100% in the coming weeks. To see her smile again and be virtually pain free is well worth missing the Opel meet!!! It has been a looooooooong hard road for both of us and hopefully we have reached the end of it.
Have a great time,
Jeff P

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Another opel missing

Hi Pete,
I will not be able to make your bash today either. I had some early morning work for Jeff and I have worked the night through. If I tried on a couple hours sleep, the GT might make contact with something undesireable, and I would rather not visit a hospital . I hope the rain holds off until the festivities end, and that there will be a good turn out.
Gerry

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
yup. me too Pete. My daughters GOLDEN birthday is here and we are headed down to Gurnee IL. six flags. I "MIGHT" be able to swing through on my way back if its not too late.
Sorry, but she's not much of a car buff........:cool:
Joe

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
1st Annual Kenosha Car Show

Well it's over. It was Great. Pete did a fantastic job, again THANKS Pete.

some pics. Early line up. Where most of the Greater Milwaukee Opelers could be found and the Inside shot of Pete's MS Manta

Attachments

·
530 Posts
The June 28, 2008 Anastos Motors Car Show was a blast! I just posted a bunch of photos in the Events section of the photo gallery, with a few attached here. Jeff, Joe, Gerry, and others were missed but we realize that you have joys and obligations of importance. A big THANKS to Pete and his famiiy who sponsored the show and did an amazing job! Great cars, food, band, TShirt, weather, and fellowship combined to make this a pleasure!
-Jeff W.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Last meet for 2008

Winter and snow is around the corner. We would like to have one last Opel meet for 2008. The date will be Saturday October 11 either at the Pete Anastopoulos or Bill Hoffmanns residence. Please let me know if you are planning to attend. We have no activity plan yet. Any suggestions wellcome.
Fun is part of the meet. We will like to see some OPEL people from Illinois area too.
Pete

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ok, here is the plan. Me and Bill H. we going to have the last gathering of the season for our Milwaukee group in saturday October 11, at my house at 1 pm
to whenever. Every Opeler is wellcome, spouses and kids too. We going to have food and drinks.
My house is on IL and WI border 2 miles from HWY 94
the address is 10140 160 ave Bristol WI 53104 (Kenosha County)
Let me now who is coming and if you need more info.
We would like to see a good turn out.
Pete

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
HI Pete,
I will be there on the 11th!
You may want to rename this thread as "October 11th Meet" at it may attract more Opelers with a specific date, especially those from the "flatlands" south!:D

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Hi Pete,
I'll see if I can drag Gerry out of his dungeon:lmao:
I'll let you know if we will attend asap! I'd really like to get out there and pick your brains on some electrical issues I'm having!
Thanks,
Joe

·
530 Posts
Sorry I won't be able to make the 11th as we're up north for a family weekend then. Hope you have a great turnout and a fine time. Jeff P - I'm especially bummed I'll miss you coming out with your Manta, and I hope your family is doing well!
-Jeff W

·
Registered
852 Posts
october 11th meet

3 days away from the october 11 Meet. The weather is going to be
about 71 F. The meet starts at 1pm.
I am going to have Italian beef, brats, beer, pop, deserts (baklava,...)
and what ever else wife bought.
The list is:
Bill
Hans
Jeff P
Gerry
John G ?
Joe
Nate
and few other people did not say for sure that they are coming
Again let me know is you need any info

Pete

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
next meet

Sounds like it will be a great day for a little cruse Pete, count me in too! Does any one know if Hwy 50 construction is done yet?

Pat Brosnan

·
1,873 Posts
Pete, pm me with the address. Chris has hair and nails in the morning but we should be able to get up there by early afternoon-ish. Need anything brought up?? Happy to bring anything you need. Gordy

·
Opeler
844 Posts
Sounds like it will be a great day for a little cruse Pete, count me in too! Does any one know if Hwy 50 construction is done yet?

Pat Brosnan
No construction, but watch your speed. I narrowly missed getting caught there just this week!

I'm looking forward to seeing a good group of Opels on Saturday.

Bill

61 - 80 of 117 Posts