Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
1,873 Posts
Great get together

Thanks Pete for getting us together one more time before the snow flies! It was an awesome day and lots of great Opels on display. I told Chris, my wife, you'll know when we get there because it'll look like an Opel Dealership off to our right! A great variety of Opels (and old Beamers) and the food was terrific. You and your wife are great hosts! Can't wait for next Opel season to get here. Gordy and Chris

PS- Hans! Sorry, I'm getting old and losing my memory! I had you mixed up with Mark! (But it was good to see you again!) We need to get name tags at the get togethers! That will be my personal project for next year at Route 66. I'll get some and cut them into Opel GT shapes for everyone! :)

And Bill and Pete, thanks for the tips on the efi. I will try to fiddle with the Manta next week end to see why it's runs so bad until it warms up!

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
I want to add my thanks to Pete and his wife for putting up with us. It was a great get together topped off with good food and beverages. :beerchug:

That's OK Gordy, I been called worse names.:lmao:

·
1,175 Posts
Thanks Pete to you and your family for hosting the Opel get together. My son and I had a very good time. When I got back home I started working on my GT again.

BDD

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
Thank Pete. it was a very nice day

Broszzy

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Yes, Thanks Pete for your hospitality!!! My daughter and I had a very nice time.
Joe

·
Registered
852 Posts
Thanks every one for coming to The October 11 Meet.
We had fun.
Thanks to my wife for prepairing all the food, and thanks to Bill and Gerry for helping me put the cars away.
See you all next year. Prepair cars for Carlisle 2009
Have a nice winter and happy Opeling.
Pete

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Hey Pete, If you found an extra Blue Folding Chair, It's mine. Put it in storage until the next meeting.

:banghead:

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Good food, Good friends

Thanks Pete, for this last get together! It was nice to see everyone and meet a few new faces. It gave me a little jump start on making sure that one of the Opels will be in good shape for next years meets. It was also nice to see the video from Springfield and to glimpse what I missed this year and last. I will keep my fire extinguisher close to the GT and Kadett this winter when worked on:eek:
Gerry

·
1,681 Posts
Pete
Just wanted to say we were sorry not to make it this year. Another family thing came up. Anyway we do need to get back up that way again it is always a good time.
John & Connie

·
530 Posts
Spring is really here in Wisconsin! Let the Opeling begin!!

Now that the Mantas are out of storage, Fireglow wants to go play with other Opels. I'm looking at our family calendar, which is pretty crazy, but I see Saturdays on May 23 & 30 are both pretty open. Are we up for some kind of gathering on one of those days? Any suggestions for places, projects, and the like? I know Fireglow needs a few things done, Dean has his new Manta project car & parts cars, Gerry & Jeff P seem to be in a race to get their Opels out again, I think John is still working on getting that Weber just right, Pete & Bill always have something interesting going on, Joe's been hard at work on his engine, Goodwnr has a new GT, etc. so we should have plenty to choose from. Whadyathink? Suggestions? ideas?

I'll also open up a GMO section on the Opel Groups area to see if we like that format.
-Jeff W

·
Manta Owner
260 Posts
I could see if I could make it out to a gathering. I would bet my wife would be happy if I took the next generation (i.e. my son) with too! I would have to come Opel-less though. I havn't even started on the project yet. SOO.... much to do.

Dean

·
1,873 Posts
Those of us just south of the Cheddar Curtain would be glad to make a trek north! :)
Will the snow be melted in Wisc. by June or so????

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Show and Tell has started early around my area. I would like to come up. May 30th is still Open.

·
Registered
852 Posts
opel meet

May 23 rd is open for me. I will be glad to see everybody. I am not going to make it May 30. We going to be racing at Road America that week end.
June 27 we are planning our second annual car show/opel meet at my shop, Anastos motors. Food, live music, cars, fun,....... More details after Carlisle show.
Pete

·
Opeler
844 Posts
May is not good for me, although I will be at the Carlisle show of course. I would encourage everyone to make the pilgrimage to PA if at all possible.

Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Get together

I would love to get together and meet everyone. I also could use some expert help with the new GT. It has an old alarm system to be removed and I am not happy with the ignition. I would appreciate help with any of those. Everyone can tell me what else needs to be done also!

Rob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Either day would work for me. I hope to have my Manta up and running again so it to can make it's first trip in over 2 years! :eek: Either way I will be where ever we are meeting and am looking forward to seeing everyone again!
JeffP

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Well....since I'm "technically" not living in Wisconsin anymore it would depend on where the meet is being held. I'm now an Illinois native.....although I can throw a stone into Kenosha from my window, I'm actually about 15 minutes from Petes shop. The car is here with me, but due to technical difficulties, I'm still looking for a GOOD exhaust shop to finish off the last bits before I'll be driving it. But I'll do my best to make it......
Joe

·
Opeler
147 Posts
count me in

Either date is fine for me. I will have my 72 on the road by mid week next. It will be nice to drive it no matter the location. After talking with Jeff Widder about this, he mentioned the possibility of hosting the event at his home. Any other suggested locations?
Gerry

81 - 100 of 117 Posts