Opel GT Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
I should be able to make it any day. Joe do you still have that drive shaft? I haven't forgot about it just don't need it just yet. That will hopefully be next years up grade

Pat

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Yes Pat I still have it I'll bring it to the next get together.

·
530 Posts
OK, since Saturday, May 23 seems to work out for most, let's plan on it! I can host the gathering at my place, which is the just off Mequon Road (Hwy 167) in Mequon, WI, north of Milwaukee, west of I-43, and east of Hwys 41/45. The address is 11224 N. Vega Avenue, and we're the first house north of Mequon Road on Vega. We can started around 10:30, or arrive later if that works better for you. I'll have pulled pork BBQ and fixings for lunch, and if we want to work in a cruise up to Wayne's Drive-In in Cedarburg later in the afternoon, that could be fun. It will be a BYOOP - Bring Your Own Opel Project gathering, so if you've been wanting to work on an Opel project with some other Opelers around, bring it along! Or, if you just want to hang out, that's good, too. All Midwest Opelers are welcome, with or without an Opel.
-Jeff W.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Our get together

OK, since Saturday, May 23 seems to work out for most, let's plan on it! I can host the gathering at my place, which is the just off Mequon Road (Hwy 167) in Mequon, WI, north of Milwaukee, west of I-43, and east of Hwys 41/45. The address is 11224 N. Vega Avenue, and we're the first house north of Mequon Road on Vega. We can started around 10:30, or arrive later if that works better for you. I'll have pulled pork BBQ and fixings for lunch, and if we want to work in a cruise up to Wayne's Drive-In in Cedarburg later in the afternoon, that could be fun. It will be a BYOOP - Bring Your Own Opel Project gathering, so if you've been wanting to work on an Opel project with some other Opelers around, bring it along! Or, if you just want to hang out, that's good, too. All Midwest Opelers are welcome, with or without an Opel.
-Jeff W.
OK for our get together I was wondering if anyone has experience in a compufire ignition install? I was thinking of doing this to the new GT but I do not feel comfortable doing it on my own. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping and if so I will get the parts and some treats for us as well!

Rob

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
OK for our get together I was wondering if anyone has experience in a compufire ignition install? I was thinking of doing this to the new GT but I do not feel comfortable doing it on my own. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping and if so I will get the parts and some treats for us as well!

Rob
Rob, it has been a year or so but I think we can do another. I'd be glade to help you, and we'll have mine for reference too.

I'm going to bring a 2.2 fuel injection along hopefully I can get an education on that. (what I have , what else I need)

Pat

·
530 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has experience in a compufire ignition install?
Rob
Hi Rob,
Jeff P and Gerry are planning on attending, and they helped with the install of my Petronix quite a few years ago. I'm guessing it would be similar to the Compufire, so they could help out. Looking forward to the 23rd!
-Jeff W

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
I'll be in attendance as well, along with a friend. But I may come strolling in a bit later in the afternoon (1:00-2:00)if I get stuck working.
I'll also be bringing a few promised items with me for a few people. See you all then!
Joe

·
530 Posts
Looks like the weather on Saturday the 23rd will be pretty decent with temps in the upper 60s, although a slight chance of scattered showers. Hopefully we'll stay dry! Looking forward to seeing the Opelers again!
-Jeff W

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry I will miss meeting everyone!

Well my wife is not feeling well today so I will not be able to attend, I will be with the kids, sorry! I was looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope to be at the next gathering.

Hope you have a great time!

Rob

·
530 Posts
We had a decent May meet with 5 Opels and 9 Opelers, with the weather clearing after a morning sprinkle. Rob & Pete, sorry we missed you! See the pics for Pat's white GT, Mel's Red GT, Gerry's primer GT, Jeff P's red Manta, and Jeff W's orange Manta. Thanks for the help with swapping out my gauge cluster. I once again have a working odometer, but the tank gauge still isn't reading, so its on to check things at the tank itself. I'll post a few more pics in the Opel events folder for the GMO. Plans are underway for the next gathering at Pete's Anastos Motors Car Show in Kenosha on June 27. Mark you calendars!
-Jeff W.

Attachments

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,404 Posts
Thanks, Jeff, for hosting the gathering. It was good to put some faces with the names. The food was pretty good, too!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Anastos Motors 2nd Annual Car Show Sat Jun 27, '09

Spread the word, I'm having my 2nd annual summer car show bash...

Saturday, June 27th 11 am - 4 pm

there will be live classic rock music from Tommy V band, free food and drinks (non-alcoholic), and every one that brings a classic car (pre'81) gets entered into a raffle to win a flat screen TV! Everyone that brings a classic car, also gets a free T-shirt (supplies are limited so get there early!

Show starts at 11 am, we're located on Green Bay Road (Hwy 31) near Highway 58 (Kenosha) (4513 Green Bay Road)

Free admission!

the more Opels the Merrier! :arms::arms::arms:

see attached flyer

(Last year we had 105 cars and 13 of them were Opels!)

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Hi Pete,
I will be there with my 73 Manta that is finally up and running after 2+ years of hard work and laziness! It will be good to see you again and hopefully we will have at least 14 Opels this year! :veryhappy
Jeff P.

·
530 Posts
While I won't be able to make the 27th (it's my anniversary and my wife wants to go to a concert so we'll be out of town that weekend), I REALLY enjoyed last year's Anastos Motors show, and would HIGHLY encourage all area Opelers to attend. It was a first class event, well organized, and with great folks in attendance. Besides the Opels and Opelers, I'm guessing there will be some other great cars there as well.
-Jeff W

·
Registered
852 Posts
Anastos Motors 2nd Annual Car Show Sat Jun 27, '09

couple days before the 2nd Annual Car Show Sat Jun 27, '09 .
I would like to have an idea to who is going to attent so i can
keep spots for the Opels. I would like to park them all together.
Reina international going to have a display of 5 new Vespas, 5
Moto guzzi and posible a Ferrari and a Larborghini. Tire company is going to have a display tires and wheels, AMS oil and die cast cars, Vespa club.......
Pete

·
Sick with Opelitus
1,374 Posts
Pete, save a spot for me. I'll be there to support team Opel lol

Broszzy

101 - 117 of 117 Posts