Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlisle Import Show mentioned in Hemmings Blog

Opel's were also mentioned:
Also German, but of a decidedly different flavor, were these two Opel 1900 Sportwagons. The orange car belongs to Vicki Gage; the owner of the white car didn’t fill in the space for his name. So much modesty!
Gene modest?

At the Carlisle Import show | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

Also:
Look for more coverage of this show in the August issues of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car and Hemmings Motor News. In the meantime, check out Jay Ramey’s gallery of photos from Import Carlisle on Flickr.

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,138 Posts
We already knew how great a show it is ... with THE BEST people in the hobby (Opelers)
attending ! Thanks for posting this Gary.
:yup: :banana: :biggthump:

·
Opel Addicts
2,469 Posts
That picture was because of Gene. He was the one who insisted that we Sportwagons stick together!

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Just curious . . .

. . . know it's not the right venue, but did any of the 1266 Solstice Coupes show? :dunno:

·
Opel Addicts
2,469 Posts
. . . know it's not the right venue, but did any of the 1266 Solstice Coupes show? :dunno:
I didn't see one there, but there was one as the representative Solstice at the big shindig for Bob Lutz.

·
Administrator
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't see one there, but there was one as the representative Solstice at the big shindig for Bob Lutz.
Not to hijack this thread too much but here is a Bob Lutz story.... When I was at Ernhard Schnell's house, he showed us an original sketch he did in 1967 of an idea he had for T-Tops on the Opel GT. Bob Lutz told him no, you will not do that. The '68 Corvette came out with T-Tops.

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
4,115 Posts
No, but one goes to my wife's church every Saturday

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Not to hijack this thread too much but here is a Bob Lutz story.... When I was at Ernhard Schnell's house, he showed us an original sketch he did in 1967 of an idea he had for T-Tops on the Opel GT. Bob Lutz told him no, you will not do that. The '68 Corvette came out with T-Tops.
Hi Gary,
If you could, for the rest of us, could you post a thread on your visit with Mr. Schnell? I think it would be most interesting to read of his thoughts on the GT, it's design, GM politics and anything else the man had to say. A bit of recorded history, of someone who was front and center responsible for these cherished designs!

Take Care,
Mike

·
Administrator
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Gary,
If you could, for the rest of us, could you post a thread on your visit with Mr. Schnell? I think it would be most interesting to read of his thoughts on the GT, it's design, GM politics and anything else the man had to say. A bit of recorded history, of someone who was front and center responsible for these cherished designs!

Take Care,
Mike
That is the plan Mike. I was very fortunate to be able to spend a lot of time with him and was able to take quite a few pics. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Well, he was most certainly "The Main Man" behind the Solstice/Sky/GT trilogy design and production! I silently thank the man every time I get in my SSC - "Sly Solstice Coupe" - for a little drive!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts