Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Opeler
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

nice caravan- not a fan of the white roof, priced a bit high, but who knows? they're asking $12.5K

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering part
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Gas Wire

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
It looks like a nice car, but shredded seats are not "museum quality" (quote from the ad).
For US$ 12.5k, I want two of those for the price of one.

Dieter

·
Opeler
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like a nice car, but shredded seats are not "museum quality" (quote from the ad).
For US$ 12.5k, I want two of those for the price of one.

Dieter
my thoughts, too, Dieter. i think this guy is a flipper. Also, the roof, at least has been repainted. he claims all original paint.

·
Opel Key Master
5,349 Posts
Roof has been painted probably because the original roof rack has been removed, and an aftermarket one installed. The body is not in that great of shape, and the wheels need the trim rings in them, they have been painted white too, and the fender looks off to me on the paint. Interior is in tact at least, but a lot of money. This would be about a $3500-$4000 ride

·
Registered
11 Posts
Roof has been painted probably because the original roof rack has been removed, and an aftermarket one installed. The body is not in that great of shape, and the wheels need the trim rings in them, they have been painted white too, and the fender looks off to me on the paint. Interior is in tact at least, but a lot of money. This would be about a $3500-$4000 ride
So, I am looking a this exact car anyone know of common trany leaks ? This one has a trany leak and I can't get under if enough to see. I like this car, but it does need work I am willing to put into it. Let me know Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
So Iam looking at this car and have gone to see it. It does have a trany gearbox leak. Anyone know of common problems causing leaking in the tranys?

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
Most leaks are caused by old gaskets not doing their job anymore. There is no reason to assume it would be any different here. Gaskets can be replaced easily, but depending on which ones need to be replaced you might or might not have to take the gear box out.

Dieter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah that's what I am assuming just gaskets but just wanted to know of common case cracks our hard parts that might happen. I like the car it is overpriced a bit and the body is rougher then in pics. I was not able to drive it because of very bad planning on the dealer that had at front of show room and cars parked behind it even knowing I was coming to look at it and was interested it but maybe soon I will.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey also are parts available for this Kadett it need headliner, front fenders lic plate light trim along the bottom ECT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hope you are not considering $12.5k for that car.
Don't know if you simply MUST have a Kadatte wagon, but there is a much nicer wagon (Ascona) available here for less than one third of that: Войдите на Facebook
Yeah I saw that a few days ago but it is kind of rough The 68 is not bad and they have come down in price I like the 68 but if i dont get it i will look at that 71 again. Is it yours ?

·
Opeler
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad you were able to acquire and save this Kadett. FYI- that white top is NOT factory!! If I were closer, I would have made an offer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts