Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm finally getting some down time a/c season for me gets me super busy
My son and I started on the sound system in the gt a couple few months back as were on too the redo of some of the interior.
although we have an extra gauge cluster panel/dash we really didn't want to cut either of them up to fit the new style stereo's
So with all the technologies that's out there like blue tooth,remotes, mp3, ipod, ect. we felt we could build install and mount the entire sound system in the rear.
And since the only rear piece that came with the car was the spare tire shelf we figured why the heck not
Please be advised no original parts including the tire shelf were harmed in this production.
I removed the shelf and made a new modified shelf to hold 1 of the two amps installed
Everything else is mounted to the stereo box we built including fuses 1 amp all the wiring ect.
So in the event we need to quickly pull it it's 3 bolts, quick disconnect of power supply and ground and quick disconnect of sub speaker wire and out it comes all in 1 peace
So once we finalize a couple things then its on to finish the interior.
hope you all like the idea
so when were driving my son is the DJ and if I'm by myself ( which is pretty much never)no big deal everything can be controlled by remote
We will do a complete vacuum/cleanup when finished as you can see there tons of specs and dust every where
opel stereo install.jpg

Reactions: 99449

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Dan it's a good running start not as loud as the Dakota ( 7500 watts) but it's plenty loud

·
Can Opeler
3,486 Posts
thanks Dan it's a good running start not as loud as the Dakota ( 7500 watts) but it's plenty loud
Jeeze! What kind of alternator do you have for that and how many batteries. That’s 520 amps at 14.4V

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL the 7500 watts is in the Dakota I'm only doing about 1400 in the opel with a boost cap the battery in the opel came with the car and is way over sized not sure as to the alternator but the lights due dim slightly when it hits but what the heck my son is 16 and that's what he's into so why not. It's not just my project so keeping him happy keeps him learning and interested

Reactions: 99449
1 - 5 of 5 Posts