Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sorting through some of my parts to get reorganized to see what I had and make it easier to find. What a FIND; a running light and dimmer switch with out the center DUMMY, it actually operates and will turn on lights. What I can't figure is what year GT did this come out of or where I obtained it. Running light switch (left) 4 prongs;58K,30,58R,58L. Center switch 2 prongs;30,56. Dimmer switch (right); 2 prongs;58a,58b. The center switch when activated, activates the Running light (left) switch. The center switch can be deactivated and the left switch remains activated, but when both left and center switch are activated, deactivating the left switch causes the center switch to deactivate. The left switch can be activated with out activating any other switches. The right swich (dimmer) works as the standard dimmer.
What is it out of????

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Rodney;
That looks like the switch from a Kadett Rallye.
Gene

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
408 Posts
My 1969 Opel GT owners manual page 16 says: “toggle switch located between headlight switch and instrument panel light switch is inoperative”. My 1971 Opel service manual figure 120-55 clearly shows the switch but with out explanation. And figure 120-52 shows that center switch as unmarked. However the wiring diagrams: figure 120-83 (Headlight and left parking and tail lamp – Opel) and figure 120-85 (mail wiring circuit diagram –Opel) show a single Yellow/White wire connected to the 56 prong.

I would suspect this switch came from a non-US car because it is pictured in figure 120-55 of the 1971 service manual and not in any of the US owners literature.

If you are asking "What Opel will this switch fit?" I think the answer is "I will give it a good home".

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
not 4 GT

The switches on the dash of the GT were all straight out of the Opel parts bin at the time, the hazard one from the Kadett and the others from the Admiral. In my '67 Admiral the switches are exactly the same as the GT, except that they work.

Are you looking to get rid of it?.......

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I think I will hang on to it, If my memory serves me I picked up a bunch of parts several years ago and the guy told me he had had a GT-J. So possibly it came from there, I think it will find a home with my KM speedometer in my GT with the inverted Manta Grill to run those lights under the bumper.Thanks for the help.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Part from GT-J

According to my sources, you have a switch out of a european GT-J. They didn't have the blank. You had to manually turn on the headlights after they were flipped over.

·
Opeler
5 Posts
left switch aktivate the stand light --in germany!!! middle switch aktivate the drive light--in germany!! so you can drive with open lights ,but they are not on!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts