Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
sounds like its run a baring on the crank or big end on a rod
its pull it to bits time to find out which it is and dont run the engine as it will just do more damage

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
hi nobody if the oil pump had gone then its best to pull rocker cover and crank the engine with the king lead(coil to dissy) pulled so he can see if theres any oil around {cover wings on each side of cam chain it will fly sideways if there is } if not then pump is dead but which ever way be it bearings or pump the bearings will be dead as they have been run with no oil and white metal will not live for more than a few seconds without oil
i agree that a spun bearing would still give some pressure but it would still need new bearings to repair it
so i guess im saying it will need new bearings
a new high vol oil pump wouldn't go amiss while its in bits

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
only rubber bits i can think of are the valve stem oil seals :(
good thing is if you can look see by just pulling the rocker coverand use a good powerfull flash light to look

could be the only job on a car thats best done at night :)

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
greensmurf20 said:
i've always been tempted to get those little screens you put on top of your oil filter just to see the kind of crap that does get circulated through your engine, but its not supposed to be int he motor so i never bought one just for safety reason. dont see how they'd hurt but i'd have to use one and have it fall apart.
cant think of any reason to fit 1 j as the filter is there to do that job
if you had lots of bits in the oil all i can see it doing is blocking the screen as its a much smaller area and will clog up quicker :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.