Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in Norfolk, Virginia. If anyone is ever in the area you can contact me at britnicholson"at"yahoo.com. I would really like to look at a GT with all of the vacuum lines where they should be. I probably won't be driving mine very far until I get a getrag.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,582 Posts
Hey... up here in Richmond. Not a lot of us around. I am going to be going down to Norfolk hopefully soon to save a basket case Manta. Maybe stop buy and help with those vaccum lines.

Charles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the road again

Well, I actually got the thing running again yesterday (I think it was the accelerator pump diaphram that I just replaced) and I finally found out where those vacuum lines go and replaced them. It was getting a little too cold to be riding my Triumph around. But I'm definitely interested in learning how to check the timing on my car if you wouldn't mind showing me, and I would be glad to help you save a Manta, and meet another Opeler in the process. When are you coming down here and for how long?

Brit

·
7,582 Posts
You offering to help me get it to Richmond? :)

That would be awesome.. :banana:

Having trouble getting my brother in laws truck and trailer and I only have until end of December to get it.

Charles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a truck, but if the Manta runs and is registered I could drive it. Of course, I would need a way back to Norfolk.

·
7,582 Posts
Well it doesnt run, and is missing a fender and some glass. Its going to be my Mantissan (Manta body Nissan drive train ;)

Looks like I will have to get my brother truck if I can .

Charles

·
7,582 Posts
71' a true basket case from teh sound of it.. but that is eactly why its perfect for me to bastardize ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts