Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
587 Posts
Sorry I don't think I'll be out this year. Just got back from my camping vacation and my back is a little iffy!! I think my wife would prefer I stay home this weekend also.
OK, we'll let you slide with that excuse. BUT, if we find out you went golfing again instead :slap: :cussing:& miss your second Opel Meet in a row, I'll make sure you never hear the end of it from everyone else that will be here :yup:

~ Tom

·
1,284 Posts
Hopefully my back will be a little better by the weekend and I can sneak away for 5 hours Saturday to get some golf in!! Now to top it off I have a toothache and have to go to the dentist.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,483 Posts
OK, we'll let you slide with that excuse. BUT, if we find out you went golfing again instead :slap: :cussing:& miss your second Opel Meet in a row, I'll make sure you never hear the end of it from everyone else that will be here :yup:

~ Tom
Ooo, an opportunity to verbally abuse Dave? I'm in!

Duane

·
1,284 Posts
Hey I resemble that remark!:)

·
Opel Addicts
2,463 Posts
Caravaning Up to Ron's?

Allen and I and our neighbors Tom and Alice (Porsche) plan to leave here around 8:00 or so on Saturday morning to get up to Ron and Tom's shindig around 10:00 a.m. If anyone else would like to travel up with us, just let us know!

We are looking forward to it!

Vickie & Allen

·
1,089 Posts
Here's my very late reply. I am trying to break out in the a.m. in hopes of arriving in some semblance of daylight Friday.

Can't wait.

Jim

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Jim,
WE will have the lights on just for you !!!
the Bass, bluegills, sunfish and crapies are waiting for you!!!

Oh yea, and food and libations too!!:yup:

Ron Mattern

·
587 Posts
Anyone still deciding to drive out, the weather is supposed to be nice & sunny all weekend. So come on out, even if you can only stay for a few hours.

We'll be starting off Friday evening when some of the Philly crowd gets here. That's when the food, beverage & bonfire will start & go on until Sunday.

I'm at Ron's now getting some last minute things done. I'll be driving back to Pittsburgh tomorrow afternoon to get the GT & the food from Rowdy BBQ.

~ Tom

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
Ok,

Now this is really late, but I *think* that I can go... We'll see. Is it alright if I just 'show up' tomorrow?

Oh, and I don't know where I am going, so could Tom or Duane send me the address?

Thanks a bunch,

Jay

PS. The *think* depends on whether or not my electric fuel pump actually works...I had a major failure of the mechanical one which left my engine about 1 1/2 quarts less oil in the amount of time it took to lose fuel pressure and cut itself off... Lets pray think newfangled thing works!

·
587 Posts
Sorry Jay, Vickie just called to let me know you posted. We're all outside BSing.

Of course you are welcome to just show up . Plenty, & I mean plenty of food. My friend really sent alot this time.

I just PMed address & cell #'s

~ Tom

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Hopefully rolling out of Toronto by 9 this morning....should see you guys around the lunch hour.....:veryhappy

·
Opel Addicts
2,463 Posts
Wow! Great time with Opel Friends.... we hated to leave. Great turn out, too. I can't wait to see the pictures/video Rick is going to post.... Something to do with a tractor, a GT and a lake! :lmao:

Thanks to Ron and Tom for a great time!

Vickie & Allen

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Same here! We had a blast, and luckily no issues on the way home. Thanks to Ron and Tom for hosting a great meet. As always, great to see everyone again, and I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

·
Opeler
119 Posts
Ron & Tom's gathering

The food and entertainment was great - thanks Ron & Tom.

Attachments

·
Opel Addicts
2,463 Posts
Sam, Awesome picture!

Below (from left to right) are Lynda, Todd Kirby and Rob Cassidy, standing next to our "table" (Ron's 4-post lift).

2010 Erie Opel Meet 004.jpg

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Got home safe a couple of hours ago...a quicker run home, and no delay at the border :veryhappy
Tom & Ron, thank you for organising and hosting this weekend, we had a blast, and really enjoyed the weekend...especially the "Campfire Tales"....
I see you caught me above in a rare moment of having a Steamwhistle in my hand....:lmao:
It was great to catch up with good friends again....

·
Opel Addicts
2,463 Posts
Robbie:

Was great to see you and Lynda. Very glad you had a better trip home!

I'm making a concerted effort not to make ribald comments about the "Steamwhistle in your Hand" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We forgot to get a couple of Steamwhistles to go :( So we will put in an order for Carlisle!

Would be great if you could make it down for one of our meets some day, or just for a vist!

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
I got home about half an hour ago. It was a very uneventful drive home...which is a good thing.

It was great to see everybody! Ron (and Tom), thank you so much for having me and putting me up in style for the night!

Interesting side note; I probably saw around 25 or so corvettes on my drive home, all at different times so they weren't caravaning some where. Any Thoughts?

·
Opeler
3,692 Posts
Jay, there was a Corvette Show in Carlisle this weekend. I was in Chambersburg for the business the whole week and some Corvettes parked in front of my hotel were amazing.

It appears that you had great time. Somehow, I did not do good planning as I could drove my GT down to PA and stop on the way back for the NW PA gathering.
Well, there is always next year...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts