Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Vancouver November 12th to 17th. I was planning to drive to California on the saturday and sunday to look for GT parts. Does anyone know of a place to visit within about a 5hr drive of the Canada US border?

·
115 Posts
Opel GT Source

Hey Graham;
Here is the address I promised you for the parts place in California: http://www.opelgtsource.com. From looking at the site address it is located in Sonora California, it looks like it is in the middle of the State. Now, if it is 5 hrs from Vancouver I don't know. You can sign onto Mapquest, select the driving directions tab and place in the "from" and "to" address and it will tell you the distance/driving hours and show you the route to take.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
California Cruisin'

You Canadians are CRAZY! Oh, I guess that makes me....

But seriously, isn't that a VERY long drive? I guess that compared to, say, Ottawa to Calgary, it is short. This coming from a guy who drags his three kids and wife across the Prairies from Calgary to Winnipeg every summer via minivan hell. But hey, Vancouver to Calgary is only 1080 km via the Coquilhalla Highway, so I guess I should expect you around supper time....

If you ARE going to see Gil at OGTS, make sure you call first. He runs a mailorder business, and isn't always there. But if you are in California, stop in and see Todd at Opels Unavailable (I mean Unlimited!). Good luck getting hold of him, but his website is at
http://www.opelsunl.com/ Or is he is Southern California?

To quote his site "You can Email Us at [email protected]
Or better yet call us at (909)-355-6735 Best times are from 1pm - 7pm PST"

Have a great drive, and post pictures.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
visiting california

Keith,

Save some of those cheap drugs for when I get to meet you, because if you think I'm driving from Ottawa to Vancouver you must be high. I don't want to start an east west thing but here in central Canada we have reliable airlines that fly us all over the place. I'm flying out on business and will have the weekend off for some GT parts scrounging.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to locate your source and see how far of a drive it is.

Perhaps if anyone is looking for a particular part they should let it be known so that we can all keep a lookout for it!

·
Super Moderator
5,883 Posts
California High

Graham,

Well, actually I assumed you were flying into Vancouver, and if you had time to drive from Lotus Land to LaLa Land, then what's a mere side trip to Calgary?

As for Western-based airlines, we HAD one, but the Government of Eastern Canada (aka the Feds) decided that the People's Airline (aka Air Canada) should have it all. But we are trying to make a comeback with WestJet (the Canadian version of SouthWest Airlines).

Have a great trip. If you see a nice GT convertible or targa, just stuff it in your briefcase and bring it back for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts