Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,289 Posts
California Cruisin'

You Canadians are CRAZY! Oh, I guess that makes me....

But seriously, isn't that a VERY long drive? I guess that compared to, say, Ottawa to Calgary, it is short. This coming from a guy who drags his three kids and wife across the Prairies from Calgary to Winnipeg every summer via minivan hell. But hey, Vancouver to Calgary is only 1080 km via the Coquilhalla Highway, so I guess I should expect you around supper time....

If you ARE going to see Gil at OGTS, make sure you call first. He runs a mailorder business, and isn't always there. But if you are in California, stop in and see Todd at Opels Unavailable (I mean Unlimited!). Good luck getting hold of him, but his website is at
http://www.opelsunl.com/ Or is he is Southern California?

To quote his site "You can Email Us at [email protected]
Or better yet call us at (909)-355-6735 Best times are from 1pm - 7pm PST"

Have a great drive, and post pictures.

·
Super Moderator
6,289 Posts
California High

Graham,

Well, actually I assumed you were flying into Vancouver, and if you had time to drive from Lotus Land to LaLa Land, then what's a mere side trip to Calgary?

As for Western-based airlines, we HAD one, but the Government of Eastern Canada (aka the Feds) decided that the People's Airline (aka Air Canada) should have it all. But we are trying to make a comeback with WestJet (the Canadian version of SouthWest Airlines).

Have a great trip. If you see a nice GT convertible or targa, just stuff it in your briefcase and bring it back for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.