Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know anything about the paint or the person, although he may be related to the photographer/Opel officiando woman, with the last name that I think was Birx, who took pics at the GT 50th.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to see Gordon's car in neon yellow.

Nope! Ain't gonna happen! You're too young to remember the "Neon Era", which was in the 70's/80's. That was prime time early 20's for me. There was neon stuff everywhere: T-shirts, double windshield wipers, neon steering wheels, etc There seemed to be 3 primary colors they focused on: Fuchsia(red), Yellow, and Green. Dreadful time to be alive. The yellow looked/looks like a really awful green to me.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha!

One thing I'll have to contend with is the huge amount of RED stuff I have. Gobs of stuff from my Red Baron phase. At least 25 red t-shirts, red hats and jackets, red handled tools, and all sorts of other red stuff. I don't even like red. But they match the car.

I like yellow stuff more, but not by much more.

I used to live at the Jersey shore during the late 70's through the 80's and at the beach you tend to wear bright Summer-colored stuff. Whites, reds, oranges, yellows. My whole wardrobe was those colors. I eventually moved 60 miles back to where I grew up near Philly and I slammed full force into culture shock. NOBODY wore whites, reds, oranges, and yellows. Only black, khaki green, and other dark colors were acceptable for men to wear. But there I was with closets and dressers full of red/orange/yellow pants, jackets, etc. at age 30. I stuck out like a sore thumb. Yet, if I just drove 60 miles to the beach I was Mr. Fashionable. Weird dichotomy between the two regions just an hour's worth of driving apart. I still have a lot of that Summer-colored stuff, but I haven't worn most of it in 30 years.

Woo-hoo, I'm going to have a yellow car, I'll be able to whip out all my yellow clothes again!

Alas, most of that stuff doesn't fit me anymore......

Ha!

I've worn jeans and dark blue/denim mechanic clothes for the past 30 years. Got lots of that stuff. Hmmmm.......maybe I should paint the car to look like denim jeans?

Jeans Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts