Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Opeler
30 Posts
Stanley, your car looks great! What spoiler is that?

When I finished the face off (stock look) restoration of my 73 like 8-9 years ago I was followed several times. :) One time a mustang coming from the opposite direction turned around and followed me for several miles until he could catch up and see what I was driving, then he turned around again and headed for whereever he was going in the first place. :)

Hopefully next summer I can begin the total restoration of my 73, until then this site provides my 'fixes'. :D

· Opeler
30 Posts
ROFL!!! That's the only thing I worry about with my GT, people just don't pay attention while driving anymore. I think that in general people have forgotten that driving is a privilege not a right.

· Opeler
30 Posts
PROPEL said:
...Just throwing this out to bear in mind. Our hobby (and more) may one day depend on the mindset of the people regarding this issue.

Walter [/B]
I guess I just refer to it as a privlege because some people appear to think that they can drive however they want, regardless of the law...
Doing 60mph in a 35, straddling lanes, illegal rights on red...passing cars that are turning on a 2 lane road instead of waiting for them to turn...that kinda stuff appears to be the norm now and people don't even seem to realize that they are doing it, much less that it is against the law...But I do wholeheartedly agree with you that driving is a right granted by the right of transportation, but that applies to everyone universally. If everyone could remember that we might have a lot less accidents.

Anyway....this is way off topic now....sorry...we now return you back to your regularly scheduled program....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.