Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
I’ve seen pictures of that car 30 years ago or so. It has an Opel 6-cylinder swap.

IIRC the owner is also semi-famous in the GT community. I think her name is Betty? Or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
This is another old photo of Betty and her "long hood" Opel GT. I have seen this photo a number of times, but I don't know if the silver paint was before or after the red.

And a link to a bit of the story:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
This is another old photo of Betty and her "long hood" Opel GT. I have seen this photo a number of times, but I don't know if the silver paint was before or after the red.

I’m pretty sure at some point the car was painted black. That’s what I remember from the 1990’s anyway.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

The connection to rc.opelgt.org is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. Learn more
I just backed out of it, I wasn't sure if it's safe or not

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
17,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic of another GT with the Opel 6cyl mod. The radiator wall crossmember appears to have been remade, but still in place, whereas the car above has it removed entirely. Both cars appear to have the longer hood and rear hinging. This car has the huge hood scoop to clear the huge oem Opel FI cylinder, but they appear to have scrapped the FI and installed triple side drafts instead, negating the need for the hood scoop:

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
The Young One
1,757 Posts
Here's a pic of another GT with the Opel 6cyl mod. The radiator wall crossmember appears to have been remade, but still in place, whereas the car above has it removed entirely. Both cars appear to have the longer hood and rear hinging. This car has the huge hood scoop to clear the huge oem Opel FI cylinder, but they appear to have scrapped the FI and installed triple side drafts instead, negating the need for the hood scoop:

View attachment 446306
I like the enlarged valve cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts