Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to thank everyone who came to our first "event" as a new Opel group. Opel-ers who joined us were:
Duane Foley and family (Manta and Kadett wagon)
Jim Branham (GT)
Marcus Schaper (Rekord)
Marc Sotsky (GT in sick bay)
Joe McKairnes and family (GT undergoing complete resto)
........ and my GT and Manta

Over the course of the day, many people shouted their approvals, and we had several people pull into my driveway telling their "I used to have one of these ....... " stories.
I got to break out my Opel flags and pennants for decorative purposes, and met a few new folks, too. The weather was about perfect .......... odd for an Opel event in PA :D

Hopefully, we can keep the momentum going and have an ongoing schedule of events !

I hope to upload some digital photos from LeeAnne's camera; until then, anyone wishing to do so may upload to the events folder that Gary "114" Farias has set up for us :p

THANKS AGAIN, and I hope everyone had as good a time as I did,
Rick Gradwell
Hatboro, PA

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I don't mention that Joe Mc and family arrived in a beautiful 63 T-Bird, he will never let me hear the end of it :D

Rick

·
1000 Post Club
4,116 Posts
I'm glad everything went OK. I drove down 611 on Saturday on my way to the TPK(on my way to the weeding) from Blair Mill Road. I kept an eye out for you, but didn't see you. It was about 12:30pm. I can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jlthunder said:
I'm glad everything went OK. I drove down 611 on Saturday on my way to the TPK(on my way to the weeding) from Blair Mill Road. I kept an eye out for you, but didn't see you. It was about 12:30pm. I can't wait to see the pictures.
That's too bad - we you were only about 5 minutes away when you were on Blair Mill Road. We WILL plan another gathering !

See ya then,
Rick

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
I would like to thank Rick and LeeAnne for thier hard work and great planning that made our first regional meet a great success. Rick had the whole place decked out in Opel livery. It really helped to set the mood and grabbed more than a few eye's of passers by. As he mentioned, some people just pulled in to check out the cars after seeing the cars and banners displayed along the busy roadway. It was also very nice to put faces with the names of the people we "meet" on the website. Everyone there was genuinely enthusiastic about thier cars whether they were completed and at the show or still in progress in thier garages at home. It was a great family event as myself and Joe brought our wives and kids along. We even had some pumpkin bowling going on in spirit of the season. I just want Rick to know that thier efforts are truly appreciated and we are looking forward to the next event. We will be planning a nice tour for an upcoming meet so we can all enjoy driving our cars together. Thanks to everyone who showed up for the event also.

Duane

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Yes indeed, a big thanks to Rick and LeeAnne for hosting this event. Good company, good food, good cars and perfect weather, it couldn't have been better. All my pictures turned out fuzzy due to a wrong setting on my camera, blasted thing!

·
102 Posts
Try Irfan

Jim Branham said:
All my pictures turned out fuzzy due to a wrong setting on my camera, blasted thing!
Jim,

Try using "Irfan View" to fix them. From past experience, I personally changed settings in the colors and the pictures somehow looks better! ...

Sounds like I missed a great gathering! ...

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
Hey Everybody,

I can't thank Rick & LeeAnne enough for hosting this event. It was definitely worth every one of the 260 miles for me!

Putting some names with the faces was fun & finally seeing another Opel besides my garage queen was really great. The burgers were pretty damn good too!

I'm sorry that I had to split a bit early for West Chester & missed seeing the Rekord (DAMN!), but part 2 of my trip was also worth it as the Golden Rams of WCU downed the #7 ranked Billikens of St. Louis University 4-1 with my goalie son earning the #1 star of the game.

I hope my MC gets here this week cause I can't wait for the next event.

Hope to see everyone real soon.

Marc
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts