Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
OK, those of you from the old Yahoo Classic Opels will remember the O.P.E.L. (which stands for Opel People Emergency List, [thanks to our own RallyeBob]) is going to be making a comeback, this due to the recent situation that happened to Craig Roberts involving his cross-country trip. Those who have not paid attention to the thread, Craig was traveling to the OMC Picnic, towing his Targa GT, well, he had a accident in his car and it messed up the Targa a little, but, he was in TN when this happened. He called me looking for phone numbers of Opelers in TN, and the one of the two I had IN my phone just happened to be Keith and Craig happened to be lucky enough to be right near Keith when he had the accident. You can see the rest of the story here:
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/24799-yxy-still-alive-report.html
Anyhow, in Classic Opels, we started a listing of names and numbers of those who are willing to volunteer their info, and the key word here is "VOLUNTEER", this is NOT MANDITORY. This info will be available on the site, to MEMBERS ONLY through a secure means, or through me, as I plan to keep a written copy with me at all times and my number will be available. This will be sorted out and detailed later. But, again, this is volunteer. This list is the people who can provide local info, help, and such. Help can be in the form of anything from a place to sleep, parts late at night, a helping hand, a tow, or assistance to a tow, or even just provide friendship for the night. Those who want to plan a trip, especially if they want to drive their Opel, can access the info and keep a list of names with them. You don't even have to be driving your Opel, just travelling. Like Jeff (jlthunder) he came through Atlanta, and we met for dinner and friendship that makes an ordinary vacation into a good memory. I'll clear out my PM box, and the info will be kept simple, name (first and last), address, and phone number (cell, home or work) Again, this info will be secure, and this is voluntary.

·
Opel Addicts
2,454 Posts
Gene:

I wondered what had happened with that old list. Make sure we are still on there, I sent you our contact information in case we aren't.

Definitely comes in handy when you are traveling with your Opel. Or even without, so you can stop and meet people! Aren't we a friendly bunch. :yup:

·
boomerang opeler
5,618 Posts
add me to north east england , not new england ;)

added

oh no wait i dont go on there as the one time i did i got hit with spam for ever more

but if anyone on here needs help im always here

·
1000 Post Club
4,101 Posts
You can, if I am able to help. Or I can direct you to someone with better knowledge.
Others with better knowledge??? I only know of a few who meet that criteria. Gene has a wealth of knowledge of Opels and great BBQ. What more can you ask for!!!

I'll PM you my info.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
Gene is this a US thing or world wide?

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
....... but, it'll definitely help if ya'll come to the US to travel.:veryhappy
or if you all come to Europe :lmao:

·
Registered
73 Posts
O.P.E.L. List

Definately count me in. You already have my info :yup:

I will be going on one of those cross country trips in a few weeks (different country) and sure would like to have some "emergency contact" information in between Renfrew, Ontario - Sault Ste. Marie, Winnipeg, Saskatoon/Regina, and on back to Edmonton with my new Opel Baby.

Kat

1 - 20 of 64 Posts