Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just posting to let everybody know my home is opel to a OAA gathering this october. my home is in Gobles MI 49055 if you wanna see it on mapquest. 30 minutes from lake michigan, hour from the indiana boarder. theres 3 GTs from this area, withing 10 minutes of my home that would attend, and i have 2 right now myself, a 3rd one from the next town over would be a great possability. anyway, my home is open, plenty of opelers and opels would be here already, just wondering how many others would be intrested in coming?

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
What is the exact date of "Opels Across America"(OAA). :confused: I was planning a getogether in Sept/Oct and would like to combine this event for the "T.O.O" group

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
far as i know its the 11th or 12th from what i've heard. it'd be great to get some opelers here, i'll email some of the michigan members and some indiana or illinois members too, try and get some of you guys out here, total of 6GTs withing 5 miles of my home, 5 are driveable or will be by that time. 4 are driveable for sure right now but only 3 are legal. besides, i'll let you guys pick through my parts if you need em and sherry is a killer cook, can't beat her cooking. lets fill my 2 acre yard with Opels of all kinds.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well hippie, goes like this. int he spring i found a GT settin in someones back yard, its junk and rotted good for parts only, but they have a SOLID running driving 72 GT with auto and AC!!! the old lady is kinda grumpy so i just deal with the old man cuz he's really nice but hard to catch just him at home. i JUST got rid of my 72 auto GT to a buddy at work, not even a week ago and he's already driving it, so he's new. Mike Z just bought one a few weeks ago, just found out about him last week, so he's new to the area. mike has 1, ace has 1, i have 2, and the old couple has 2. so i've just discovered these opelers in the past couple months.

·
587 Posts
OAA - Oct ?

Well, since there is no official date for OAA, but it has usually been the 2nd weekend of Oct. for the last few years. I say make it either Saturday Oct 9 or Sunday Oct 10. Plus Monday is Columbus day so some people may have a long weekend.

That weekend would be 2 weeks after the RT 66 Springfield, IL Opel event. It would give those of us going there a break before gathering again. Plus either of those days are the best weekend for me. :) So Hopefully that date will be fine for our NE Ohio/W.PA gathering as long as our usual hosts agree.

~Tom C.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Saturday, Oct. 9th is great for us. We have just been waiting to hear when the official weekend is.

Who's in charge here? :D

Vickie & Allen

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any day is fine for me, i just want OPELS HERE!!!

your posts lost me otto.....

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
:eek: Must have been "brain-farting" that day! What I meant was, I thought jared had storage problems from lack of yard/property. And Sherry (girlfriend?) being a good cook, maybe he got married. :eek: Thanks otto. If I had went back and edited my previous, it might have made more sense.
Seems my mind was "wondering" and "wandering" at the same time! :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sherry is my step mother, shes a awesome cook, my girlfriend tho however, in the past year we've been dating, dont seem to be able to cook all to well, altho she can bake anything imaginable, dont make sense does it? we got 2 acres, i still live at home, the barn is just cramped with 2 cars, tool boxes, benches, and one room in the barn is full of motors, i have one CIH in the barn now, he aint yellin so i think things are all cool again.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nobody wants to make it this way? my parents seemed quite excited about having a opel gathering here.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
two weeks away, anybody plan on coming? this'll be my last chance to meet opel'rs this year. wont see another opeler besides ace and mike until carlisle, and i see them every week.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
less than a week away, so far i have jon coming, the old people are skipping out, his wife just hates him playing with the opel. ace and mike are also coming. same boat as others having a OAA, i need headcounts also. address is 38233 24th Ave. Gobles MI, 49055 if you need a map from mapquest, its really easy to find off from the highway (I-94)

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Yup. I am still coming! Bringin some parts also too. Anyone else interested in buying something, head out there and it will save you the shipping. You'll be missing out. Great Food, Opels...come on people!

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
I'd love to come..

I would like to make it out, but as usual the gt has to "f" up. hope you guys have fun....

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you aint gotta bring your GT billy, just bring pics like you did in indiana. its more so about the people than the cars.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mike decided his car is not running good enough, he wont be coming, aces car is in multiple pieces, its only a possability for him, the old people backed out due to his wife hating the opel. guess its just you and me jon.

anybody can come!!!!!!!!!

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
That kinda sucks but its cool. Jared is right though guys...just come and hang out! Heck, even just bring pictures and them come BS and eat. You don't have to stay all day, just for a couple hours or somethin! I know jared has a lot of parts if you need anything and if anyone wants, I'll bring some stuff too! Whats a few hours outta your weekend?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mike said the car is runnign well enough now, so i guess its me, jon, mike, possably ace, if he comes he'd driving the 5 mile ride with no windshield, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts