Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Opeler
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having our Fall get together on Saturday, October 10th from 11 - ? in Springfield, Ohio. There will be plenty of food and drinks and conversation.
Come and join us. If you need directions e-mail us or call us (937) 324-7506.

Thanks

Thomas & Amy

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
We are having our Fall get together on Saturday, October 10th from 11 - ? in Springfield, Ohio. There will be plenty of food and drinks and conversation.
Come and join us. If you need directions e-mail us or call us (937) 324-7506.

Thanks

Thomas & Amy
We plan to be there! I think Tom and Alice (Porsche) may be coming along with us.

Vickie & Allen

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
I am going to come to the meet.I will bring something good to eat.Looking forward to a long road trip before the snow sets in.

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
I am going to come to the meet.I will bring something good to eat.Looking forward to a long road trip before the snow sets in.
Dean:

Should we bring your rollbar?

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
rollbar: do you have room to bring it?

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
rollbar: do you have room to bring it?
I think we can probably get it into the Manta.... will you be able to get it into your GT for the ride back home? Or maybe we can just leave it at Thomas and Amy's if it doesn't fit. At least it is 3 hours closer to you. Perhaps we can "hopscotch" it on across the country. :D

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
I think we can probably get it into the Manta.... will you be able to get it into your GT for the ride back home? Or maybe we can just leave it at Thomas and Amy's if it doesn't fit. At least it is 3 hours closer to you. Perhaps we can "hopscotch" it on across the country. :D
I assume it would fit in the back of my gt? Do I need to take a seat out? Does anyone know?

·
Vendor
3,014 Posts
Just bumping it up for those who did not see the thread.
Thomas
Hey Thomas,
I am missing the first leg of the autum "Springfield to Springfied Opel Adventure" but I'm hoping to join you and Amy Oct. 10th. I should know for sure in a week or so.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tom and Amy,

Unfortunately, we have other plans that weekend and also are booked on other weekends in October; including a few Boy Scout troop events. We plan on nect year; we had a great time the last time we were at your place. BTW, Taylor and I just started up his Opel Manta today after the rebuild. It ran great after we repositioned the distributor 180 degrees! Now we can concentrate on the bodywork. Take care guys and again, sorry we cannot come to Ohio

Randy Stirm

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
One more Week!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top.

Allen and I are planning to head out early Saturday morning. Tom and Alice (Porsche) are planning to accompany us. Also, Joanne and Don are planning to meet us near the 76/71 intersection. We are not sure about Steve and Annie, but they may be joining us if their work schedules permit.

We plan to be there around 11:00 a.m.

Can we bring something?

Vickie & Allen

·
Opeler
755 Posts
I'll be there, probably around noon. I'll only be staying a short while because I'm also driving over to Columbus to visit my son. His birthday is the 9th.

Don McLean

·
Vendor
3,014 Posts
Hey Thomas,
I am missing the first leg of the autum "Springfield to Springfied Opel Adventure" but I'm hoping to join you and Amy Oct. 10th. I should know for sure in a week or so.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy
Looks like I'm in.:)
I'll drive the GT if the weather holds up.
See you guys around 11:30-ish.
Ron in Indy

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
looks like I can't make it. I am sad. It was a few too many miles..630 one way and not enough time . I hope to make carlisle in 2010.

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
looks like I can't make it. I am sad. It was a few too many miles..630 one way and not enough time . I hope to make carlisle in 2010.
Dean:

If you aren't going to make it, then we won't bring the roll bar. We will pack it in the truck next Spring and bring it to Carlisle. Unless, of course, you'd rather have it at Thomas' place.

Let us know.

Vickie

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
Gonna try real hard to be there

Thomas and Amy,
If I am back in town on Saturday, the 10th - I will make every effort to get there. Have you posted directions or your address?

·
802 Posts
Tom and Amy. Looks like I can't make it this year. I have a Poker game set up at the legion for Sat. if I was not running it I would be there. But without me a lot of people would be ticked off. so next time I will plan a little better. Had a great time last year. Sorry:ugh: paul

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Porsche is Out

OK, we are down one couple on our attendance count. Tom and Alice called this evening and told us they are not going to be able to come. The Porsche has been tempermental. It died on them on the way home from the Columbus All German show two weeks ago (fuel pump relay overheated). Tom got that fixed, then he had a brake problem and just today an electrical problem popped up. So, they decided it was an omen and will try to make it next year.

Allen and I still plan to meet Joanne and Don on Saturday morning and try to be in Springfield around 11:00.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Vickie & Allen

·
Vendor
3,014 Posts
...The Porsche has been tempermental. It died on them on the way home from the Columbus All German show two weeks ago...
Vickie & Allen
Sounds like they need an Opel! :rolleyes:
The rain has finally stoped, so it looks like I will take "baby Boo" out for a run.
See you all tomorrow,
Ron in Indy

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
Tom - Amy and all

Sorry I missed all of you today but my wife ordered new Family Room sectional, end tables and lamps. It was delivered until 12:35 (about the time Tom called). My wife wasn't at home (babysitting the grandkids). I had no choice if you know what I mean - peace in the Adkins household is worth more than Ms. Opel, trust me. In fact I was gone last week to the Concours d'Elegence at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky so 2 weeks with Ms. Opel rather than my wife (Mrs. Sue) - well in just wasn't in the cards.

I'm glad the weather cleared up for you all and that everyone enjoyed the afternoon Opeling each other, bench racing and eating. Also, hope everyone got there without incident and the same for your return trip.

See you all down the road.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts