Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
OPEL MOTORSPORTS CLUB of TEXAS
Octoberfest 2005
(Opels Across America)

We will hold the Fall Get Together in Meridian TX, 10668 Hwy22 ( between Meridian and Cranfills Gap). Weekend of October 15-16. From Saturday 9am to Sunday – open end. Special Guest from Opel GT Source
AGENDA: Cruise to Clifton for the local Octoberfest Car Show at 10:00. Return 12:30-1:00 for lunch. We will have Hamburgers from Schwenkgrill and Drinks for Lunch (donations excepted). Then judging of the Opels by the members and Raffle off donated Items (So bring something to donate for the raffle). Trophy presentations at 5:00. Dinner out or at Zur Autobahn (dutchtreat) BYOB. After dinner Gather at the Hill Country Bar and Grill for drinks, pool, and dancing.
9:00 am Sunday Breakfast made by the Ladies Auxiliary, like last year (also donations accepted :eek: ).

Stay over night in motels or bring your tent, there is plenty of places to set up a private secluded campsite.
Motels: Circle Motel, Intersection of Hwy 6 & Hwy 22 Meridian Phone 254 435 2851 closest to the event us,
Clifton Inn, Hwy 6, Clifton Phone 254 675 3333 ca.13 miles away,
Best Western, Hwy6, and Clifton New opening, 12 miles away

For directions see at our Website: www.zurautobahn.com


If you plan to come also send me the number of people in you group so that we will have enough food on hand for all at rodneysgt(at)yahoo.com

I need to update our roster please send name, address, email and phone to rodneysgt(at)yahoo.com this will allow me to keep you up with the Club events. :)
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
987 Posts
Who is the "special guest from Opel GT Source?? :D
We've never had any special guest at our Texas Opel meets. That's a good reason to go right there. After all, I send them all my money, I't would be nice to meet Gil face to face and shake his hand.
I'll have to get the kids out and help me clean up both Opels for this one.
Rodney, need any help with anything? Trophies?
There's going to be dancing, huh? Better ask Otto for help on that one.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,298 Posts
Which?

Decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

Rekord? . . . won't be ready yet, too many 'little things' to do and I wan't it perfect on first showing! 1900? . . . too many miles maybe. Bitter? . . . only if A/C is functional again (son returns my A/C tools in time!). SSD GT? . . . can't really ask Audi to ride along in it for that distance. 2.4 GT? . . . no interior yet and Quaife not installed and adjusted, same Audi situation.

Everyone tired of looking at the Kadett yet? . . . may have to deal with it. :rolleyes:
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
987 Posts
Otto, you shouldn't need A/C in the middle of October. "Shouldn't" is the key word. It could be 40 degrees, it could be 90 degrees.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,298 Posts
opelenvy said:
Otto, you shouldn't need A/C in the middle of October. "Shouldn't" is the key word. It could be 40 degrees, it could be 90 degrees.
Doesn't have anything to do with A/C or not . . . well, at least at that time, like you said. I meant, if she would also drive one. Audette is a bit claustrophobic and doesn't do that well in a small car, like the Kadett, for great distances, especially by herself. That, and she doesn't exactly feel comfortable with old technology when driving . . . translation: power brakes, power steering, etc., etc.

As far as the Bitter goes, I'm not taking it UNTIL I get the A/C fixed and I haven't felt like futsing with it.
 

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
Gotta Have Twins, don't have to be identical

Otto,
I volunteer Tyressa to drive with Audette and you drive the Hooters, I will get the big trailer and haul two of mine, Patty and Richard need to drive both their GTs down, Dave Nevela and his wife who's name escapes me (sorry) drive their GT's into Meridian, who else out there has two to bring? Besides George, Oh yeah Marty Reimer, brings his GT and the RotaryGT. Anyone else?
How about you Craig Marquis the GT and Manta? Lets have a turn out guys!!

And David and Mat in Oklahoma, Come On Down, bring Robert Lee and the rest of the bunch. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,298 Posts
Houston

Killer Texas GT said:
Otto,
I volunteer Tyressa to drive with Audette and you drive the Hooters, I will get the big trailer and haul two of mine, Patty and Richard need to drive both their GTs down, Dave Nevela and his wife who's name escapes me (sorry) drive their GT's into Meridian, who else out there has two to bring? Besides George, Oh yeah Marty Reimer, brings his GT and the RotaryGT. Anyone else?
How about you Craig Marquis the GT and Manta? Lets have a turn out guys!!

And David and Mat in Oklahoma, Come On Down, bring Robert Lee and the rest of the bunch. :D
And what about the Houston crowd? :eek:
 

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is It Alive?

Bob and Jan will show either before or after the Texas game, Vidar should make it from what I have heard, but no one else has confirmed from there yet. Thus far we have about 19 people (not near enough so come on guys) and 12 Opels a few of those will be twins but again not enough, lets get modivated I want to give out some trophies and raffle prizes. I have gotten a lot of up dates on vitals, thanks, but there are more out there check the list on Texas Opels at yahoo groups and get your name off by sending me your latest vitals, we need to know your Opel is alive.
rk
 

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A good time for everyone

tomking said:
If my first trip in my newly restored GT to springfield route 66 is successful then I would like to attend the Texas OMC meet too.
Well come on down and enjoy our Texas Hospitality, Where in SW MO are you located? I go to Springfield, MO a few time a year to see dear O'mom and try to talk her into just one more Upholstery job, man can she do an interior.
Any way you are more than Welcome and so is anybody who wants to come and visit even if your Opel is not up and going but if you can bring it.
rk
President
 

·
tomking
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
Killer Texas GT said:
Well come on down and enjoy our Texas Hospitality, Where in SW MO are you located? I go to Springfield, MO a few time a year to see dear O'mom and try to talk her into just one more Upholstery job, man can she do an interior.
Any way you are more than Welcome and so is anybody who wants to come and visit even if your Opel is not up and going but if you can bring it.
rk
President
Thanks. I live in Joplin, well Carl Junction actually. Stop by and visit with me sometime; I would be glad to have you. I am by the Joplin airport and it is really easy to get to springfield from here as you just take 96 east from here to Halltown and get back on I44. Hope to make it to Texas next month.
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
987 Posts
Just wanted to bump this back up. The date is fast approaching. Do we have any out-of-staters planning on coming in?
Would be nice to see some new folks this year.
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
987 Posts
Wanted to add. Some others and myself will be driving 281 up then right on 22 in Hamilton. It's a nice drive and much better than I-35. Anyone from San Antonio, or from anywhere for that matter that would like to get together for a convoy send me and PM and I will give you my cell # and work out the meeting times and points.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,298 Posts
Hotels

opelenvy said:
Wanted to add. Some others and myself will be driving 281 up then right on 22 in Hamilton. It's a nice drive and much better than I-35. Anyone from San Antonio, or from anywhere for that matter that would like to get together for a convoy send me and PM and I will give you my cell # and work out the meeting times and points.
OK, I'm lazy. What's the info on the local hotels again . . . thanx.
 

·
Driver
Joined
·
987 Posts
tekenaar said:
OK, I'm lazy. What's the info on the local hotels again . . . thanx.
I have never known you to be lazy Otto.:eek:
Here is the post from the Texas Opel site:

Oktoberfest 2005

We will hold the Fall Get-together again in Meridian TX, 10668 Hwy22
( between Meridian and Cranfills Gap) this year. Scheduled Date is
the weekend of October 15-16.
From Saturday 9am to Sunday – open end.

Saturday for lunch, we will have free hamburgers from the outside
free-hanging grill and free drinks. Dinner is on your own - out or at
our German Restaurant.

On Sunday for breakfast, we have free breakfast cooked by the member-
ladies, just like last year.

There is also an Oktoberfest with a Car Show in Clifton. We are
planning to visit there
to show them our nice Opel cars. We would start our cruise to Clifton
at 10am.


Stay overnight in motels or bring your tent, there is enough land for
camping.

Motels:
Circle Motel, Ints.Hwy 6 & Hwy 22 Meridian Phone 254 435 2851 -7 miles
Clifton Inn, Hwy 6, Clifton Phone 254 675 3333- 13 miles
Best Western, Hwy6, and Clifton New opening -12 miles

For directions see our website at http://www.zurautobahn.com

Kornelia and Dieter
 

·
Opeler
Joined
·
38 Posts
tekenaar said:
OK, I'm lazy. What's the info on the local hotels again . . . thanx.

Here it is again,

Circle Motel, Ints.Hwy 6 & Hwy 22 Meridian Phone 254 435 2851 - 7
miles
Clifton Inn, Hwy 6, Clifton Phone 254 675 3333- 13 miles
Best Western, Hwy6, and Clifton New opening -12 miles
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,298 Posts
Meridian Oktoberfest . . .

Who all is arriving Friday evening . . .and which hotel? :confused: What about phone for new Best western . . . not listed yet? :(
 

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what Relay Switch told me the BW is not open yet.
rk
 

·
Senior Contributor
Joined
·
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
opelenvy said:
Just wanted to bump this back up. The date is fast approaching. Do we have any out-of-staters planning on coming in?
Would be nice to see some new folks this year.
I have had inquiries from Oklahoma (3), Kansas (1) and Missouri (2 maybe) , Louisiana is not going to make it race sheduled that weekend. California (0) had to go to Europe to buy Opel Parts for all of us, but we did get a small gift package :( . Texas 25 to 30.

rk
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top