Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

It's time once again to pick a date for this years Octopelfest. As usual, Lynn, Shelby, Erin and I will be hosting the event at our home. We would love to see all of the usual participants and some new ones join us for another weekend of fun, food, friendship and alcohol indulgence.

So, after a bit of thought, we would like to begin by suggesting the weekend of October 17-18. We originally thought about the previous weekend (10-11), but our friend from the Mother Land, Rainer Manthey from Germany, has expressed interest in attending but has a prior commitment on the 11th.

Let's hear some input from everyone on what weekend would work for you. I would like to settle on a date soon so Rainer can make travel arrangments well ahead of time if he is able to attend. Let me know if you would prefer that I set up a poll instead.

Duane

·
1,287 Posts
Here is my deal, no matter what weekend you pick I'll rearrange my schedule. October 10/11 & 17/18 are Penn State home games which I"d skip to attend the event. The other 3 weekends are away games, October 3/4, 24/25 & 31/Nov 1. The PSU schedule is kind of weak this year except for a few games, plus with 8 home games I could miss one.

So, bring it on!

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Any weekend other than the 24th/25th (Adam's birthday) will work for me. I plan on driving out to Pitt to visit him on the 25th.
Rick

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, it looks like either the weekend of 3-4 or 17-18 would be best so far. Is there a preference of one or the other? It may be warmer on the 3-4.

Thoughts?

Duane

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,574 Posts
I will try to be there :)

Charles

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary,

Would 3-4 work for you?

Duane

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have emailed Rainer to see if the weekend of 3-4 will work for him. If so, how about we settle on that, any objections? It seems to work for everyone so far.

Duane

·
1,287 Posts
3-4 is #1 with I.

·
Super Moderator
13,975 Posts
Unless something else comes up, the 3rd-4th works for me too.

·
Opeler
477 Posts
Well lets see...if it snows...if he is finishing a yellow wagon....if , well I'm sure that Dr Bob wants to go, maybe

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I will mark it on my calendar, I'd hate to miss it again as it is my favorite event; I'll have to see what my school schedule brings.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since everyone seems to be available on the weekend of 3-4 we will settle on that. Rainer wrote back and said he will not be able to attend after all due to work obligations.

I will start figuring out the food and drink menu as we get a bit closer to the date, but feel free to jump in at any time with suggestions or preferences.

Duane

·
1,099 Posts
I will start figuring out the food and drink menu as we get a bit closer to the date, but feel free to jump in at any time with suggestions or preferences.

Duane
Beer.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts