Opel GT Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Opeler
147 Posts
I arrived home safely. 8 hour drive, no problems!!:veryhappy
I had a great time, and I am unanimous about that :yup:
Thanks to Duane, Lynn, Shelby and Erin for hosting this great event.
As always, it was great to see everyone that could make it and meet new friends.
Also, a big thank you to Rick and his Mom for Hotel Gradwell and limo service :D …..

Carlisle is only 7 months away:D:
Ron

·
1,287 Posts
Finally my time for the computer!!!!

Awesome time with great friends, good food and plenty of spirits.:eek: This year had plenty of entertainment and even the Pertronix install (I think its finished by now). Special thanks to the Duane, Lynn, Shelby and Erin for being such great hosts and providing me shelter. Look forward to our next gathering and lets get some projects finished this winter!

Everyone get some sleep and refresh those brain cells.

·
587 Posts
My turn Dave

I got in a little after 9. It turned out to be a nice weekend weather wise.

Thanks to Duane & family for another great time this year. Not the best Opel turn out this year but just as much fun.

Thanks again,

~ Tom

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
I'm home safely after what is probably going down in the books as the most Opel-less Opel meet in recent history. Three Opels were driven to the event at the spacious Foley Compound. :drive::drive::drive:
Thanks to our hosts for their customary hospitality, and congratulations to Mitch for performing a successful Pertronix installation clinic ! :beerchug::beerchug:
It was great seeing our long distance Opel buddies - Gary, Tom, Ron, Dennis, Bob & Gregg - too. :yup: Ron & Tom ... you guys are always welcome to stay here.

Below is a link to my facebook photos of the festivities:

Rick Gradwell's Photos - OctOpelFest 2009 | Facebook

Rick

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
Sorry ..... I forgot:

Happy Belated Birthday, Mitch !!!

:birthday: :beerchug: :banana: :banana: :beerchug: :birthday:

Rick

·
Registered
157 Posts
home safe & sound

Wow! Just a fantastic time at Camp Foley; thanks to the hosts for their generosity, food, and entertainment. Great to see all my old Opel friends--wish some had driven Opels, but, I understand.

Special thanks to Gregg for his inspiration and encouragement to dismantle my engine in a most public display of ineptitude. (Yes, Duane, I did read the directions. Duh!) And to my one friend, Rick, who ably helped me solder on in the face of public ridicule.......

And, if anyone does need help in the future switching out their points for an electronic ignition, Bob and I will be happy to help. Thanks, Bob!

A shout out to all the women who visited the party and kept things lively.......

Hope to see some of you before Carlisle......maybe in Rockville on the 17th?????

Mitch red faced Manta :banghead:
real name

·
Registered
364 Posts
Finally home did not make as good time as going down, ran into some heavy traffic and turned right instead of left getting on the Mass pike small 30 mile detour arrived home around 11:30. Had a simply fabulous time at the Foley Estate as usual the accomadations were outstanding with our greacious host thank you again Duane, Lynn, Shelby, Erin,Mandy.

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Sorry for the delayed post, we've been cleaning up and catching up on sleep.

Thank you to everyone who came and shared their weekend with us and thanks to all for bringing along food and beverage items. OctOpelfest 2009 was another successful event filled with great friends, lots of laughs, most excellent beer and yummylicious food. I really wasn't disappointed in the low turnout of Opels as the event is always about the people and friendship to me rather than the cars themselves. We truly look forward to this event every year for the casual layed back feeling and ability to enjoy our extended family as opposed to an event that is structured and heavily scheduled with activities.

We're glad to hear everyone made it home safely. Can't wait for next year already!

Duane, Lynn, Shelby & Erin

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
Duane, the meet at your house was awesome as usual. However I have some ideas for next year I'd like to pass along to you, just to get more in the 'Oktoberfest' mood! I'll call you this week and we can go over the details.:yup:

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I'm all ears...

Duane

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Ouch!... Poor guy :sigh:. Luckily, I missed that entire conversation.

Duane

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I know I'm a little late here, but I was tied up with a firehouse and stable fundraiser(2 events). I also had to watch over a horse who was having a bout with Colic(intestinal blockage). It sounds like the jokes at the TOO event would of helped out the horse as he would of S**t himself and he would of been cured.

Sorry I missed it, but things happen. I will catch up with you guys next time.

Jeff

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Their content was deemed inappropriate for this forum....
I can believe it. I've seen what this crew is capable of (myself included):D

·
1,287 Posts
There is a link in post#104 to Rick's pictures, oh wait let me have a look first to make sure they are the appropriate photos!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ok I looked you can view those. (close)

101 - 118 of 118 Posts