Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
Going home with a "Potentionally" empty trailer ?

Just saying the Green GT maybe able to pay for gas.. if it gets there :)

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
Going home with a "Potentionally" empty trailer ?

Just saying the Green GT maybe able to pay for gas.. if it gets there :)
Like I told you, I can have trailer, but it better be going my way, and it will cost more than gas to get it back. I do not wish to drag a trailer around and currently not planning to. But if it's ready by next Wednesday then I can bring it. If it goes home empty, someone is still paying for the trouble

· Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Cruise route

I just laid out a cruise route that I think everyone will be happy with.

One of our local covered bridges is closed again due to yet another nitwit hitting it with a high truck body. The route I planned includes four covered bridges with our typical stops along the way. I chose roads that anyone with a vehicle that has a ride height greater than my Manta (pretty much everyone) would be able to pass without underbody contact. I also chose roads that are all tarmac. With that said, some roads are a bit bumpy, that is the nature of Pennsylvania roads, but they offer some very nice scenery for you all. The best roads for scenic beauty are gravel, but I figured some of you would object to that.

I could include one or two more covered bridges if you'd like, but the route will be on the long side. Please offer your feedback here asap so I can change the route if needed.

Also, we are going to actually schedule the cruise this year to avoid a situation like we had in the recent past. We will pull out at 11:00am and run the route. Depending on time spent at the stops, I would guess we should return around 1:00-1:30. At that point y'all can indulge in refreshments for the remainder of the day/evening. So be sure to be here and be ready to roll by 11:00 if you are planning to join the cruise.

Duane

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Sorry I have to miss this one. Everyone have a great time!

3,719 Posts
Arrived home safely. It took 11 hours today. Soggy weather through Pennsylvania, beautiful sunny warm weather through NY state and a lot of rain through Ontario. Terrible storm through Hamilton.

Thank you GT for being safe and reliable buddy. I am sorry that I occasionally think of selling you.

A lot of driving in 3 days but it was worth seing old friends again. Too bad that it is likely the last ride of this season.

Thank you Bob and Charles for bringing me those parts. Robbie's parts arrived to Canada safely as well and I will arrange delivery.

Finally, thank you Foley's gang. You are great host, love you all.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.