Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
I had enough from my trip, but glad I visited for the Friday festivities. Got home Saturday evening, and just recovering from all the seat time. A quick stop in Hershey was well received.

Attachments

· Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
A BIG THANK YOU to The Foleys for their usual hospitality and great time. Thank you to everyone who came - some from great distances - to join us. And, very importantly, thank you to everyone for the kindness shown to my daughter and granddaughters who were able to visit with us. Looking forward to next year!
Rick

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
A great time was had by all.. :)

Meet up with Thomas and Jake on I-95 and played cat and mouse all the way too the Foleys, and when we went back they took a left on US 202 and I kept going straight down PA 611..

Yet still ended up catching up with each other at the Maryland rest stop.. :)

Great time, even if it was a 6 hour trip up and a 8 hour trip back. Totally worth it..

See you all in Vegas !

Attachments

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Who brought the Buick-Isuzu-Whatever Kadett C clone?

Dieter

· Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thank you!

Another Octopelfest is in the books. As always, we are sad to see it pass, but we are happy and thankful to have spent time with our closest friends. We really want to thank you all for taking your time to travel and hang out with us. It brings us great pleasure.

On that note, I'd like to take a moment to address the issue of an envelope I found in one of the drawers of my tool box. I do not in any way want to seem ungrateful or unappreciative, but we really do not want any of you to leave money here for this event. Lynn and I promised each other in the beginning that we would never charge anything or ask for any money for holding this event. There is no need for any of you to fund it. We fund it and host it because we genuinely love the people that join us every year. I get the thinking that you donate because you appreciate us making the event an annual opportunity to see each other one last time before the long winter off-season sets in, but the fact that you all actually choose to drive long distances to spend three days with us is the best way you could show your appreciation. Your time and friendship is all the appreciation we need, and want. This isn't the first time I've found one of these envelopes, but I'd like it to be the last. We would like to send the money back, but since we do not know who gave what, we will donate the money to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation / Tom Cavataio Camp Oasis Scholarship Fund. This donation will be made in the name of Alt-Opel US, as the funds originated from our club members. If you all choose to make this an annual part of Octopelfest, then so be it, but we will not accept any money for the event. I will be happy to coordinate this and incorporate it into the event annually if you so decide.

Thank you all again for sharing part of your lives with us, and thank you for the thoughtfulness of your donations.

Duane, Lynn, Shelby, Erin, Matt & Miss Moo the Wonder Dog

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Smart ass. I figured Jeff would be the one to catch that.

Duane
Drawers of your tool box huh? Is that what you call it!!

He only "beat" me to it as I haven't "Logged" onto the site until today!!

Great cause to donate the money to.

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I was supposed to pick it up.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.