Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Bring your coats. It will be real "Fall" weather this year!!!

· Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes, cool but sunny! Regardless of what the weekend brings, the weather has never dampened our spirits before.

Another reminder to everyone to bring a chair for yourself. I have extras, but not that many.

Duane

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Cookies are ready. Hope you folks like cookies.

The ribs are done.

No Opel for the trip, but the oil has been changed, it's full of gas and even got a free car wash. The new wipers worked great too.

We are planning on taking the leisurely route. Don't want to miss the Taconic Parkway.

Attachments

4,243 Posts
Hey! Cool! Check this out:

Van Sant Events

Is this the same airport we stop at on our drives? They're having a car show on Saturday! We could all group ride over there, enter, and hang out for a while!

:banana:
I be not jealouse.NO NO NO!

Gordo if you drive real GTX, make one twisty turn more and pick me up.Just now:veryhappy

· Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Hey! Cool! Check this out:

Van Sant Events

Is this the same airport we stop at on our drives? They're having a car show on Saturday! We could all group ride over there, enter, and hang out for a while!

:banana:[/QUOTE

Our ace planning committee has already been discussing this. It is a very popular event and may, quite honestly, be a zoo there.

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,652 Posts
I waited until the website for the car show said whether the car show will still happen. If I'm going to drive my nice clean car for 90 minutes through the rain, I want OctOpelfest AND a car show. Otherwise I wouldn't leave before 12. But, the show is on and it's 8:45(show starts at 10), so I am packed with the Dead Baron, my iron crosses, etc. It's Halloween time, so it is time to put the GTX's Halloween costume on and have some fun. I'll check out the car show and if it looks enjoyable I'll stay there, if it looks schitty I'll just drive over to Duane's house 15 minutes away and have beer, brats, and cookies.

Off I go......

:veryhappy

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Duane and Lynn,

Thank you for your hospitality and willingness to host a great event and get together. Pam and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting so many from the Opel community. We both felt at home within 15 minutes of being there and it made for a very relaxing weekend. Seeing all the Opels has lit the spark to get my Manta running.

We got home at 3:45 yesterday. That was 6.75 hours versus close to 10 hours coming down and we drove 10 miles longer. The RX was acting up both ways so cutting hours off the trip helped reduce our concerns. The trip seemed to prove one thing, The Interstate highway system is broken and you can't rely on it to get anywhere.

For those of you who have never attended OctOpelFest, you need to add it to the bucket list.

Tim and Pam

Hope to post some pictures tonight.

· Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Another Fest has come and gone. We have so much fun at these events, but they always seem to pass far too quickly. We want to thank you all for coming and spending your time with us again. Some came from the local area and some from afar, and we genuinely appreciate the efforts you make and the time you take to be with us and make this event a success year after year. Fifteen of them to be exact!!! Many of us talked about how difficult it is to believe we have been gathering here for that long. I think it is a wonderful example of lasting friendships between great people.

We welcomed some new faces this year, which always adds to the fun. Tim and Pam made the long trek from New Hampshire for their first OctOpelfest. Steve and Charlene (not members here) came with their beautiful and all original Bitter. Dave (family friend) showed in his Mustang and fit right in with the Opel crowd. These are great people, and we were fortunate to meet them and have them share in the fun and camaraderie. We hope you all enjoyed yourselves enough to return for future events.

Thank you to all for bringing delicious food items for all to share. I think it is safe to say we all eat and drink on a rather adventurous level at this event. I also hope you all liked the shirt design this year. Thank you to Shelby for putting in the time and effort in doing the design work again.

Until next year....

Duane, Lynn, Shelby, Matt, Erin & Miss Moo the Dog Faced Wonder Girl

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.