Will you join us?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Time has really gotten away from me this year, and I apologize for not announcing this sooner. OctOpelfest will be held on October 4-6 this year. The same formula has worked well for the last 15 years, but as always, feel free to post your ideas to make the event better than ever. Please respond to the poll to rsvp.

We can't wait to see you all!

Duane

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,406 Posts
4th thru 6th ..? I always thought it was a one day thing ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,179 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,101 Posts
The GT is out of service with a blown left wheel cylinder. A simple repair, but time is not on my side. My father is moving into a facility on Saturday, so if I get there, it will be later in the evening. PJ, if I do show up, it will be in a Volvo S60. Us daily Swedish car drivers have to stick together!!

·
Opeler
3,567 Posts
Never mind the shirt, bring what's in that photo he posted. And I'm not talking about the beer. We'll have plenty of that.
Lilly promised to come but she is somewhat unreliable. Anyway, I am bringing traditional bratwursts from German butchery near Goderich.
Dave and Deb Smith graciously offered me to make overnight break on Friday at their place in Monroeton, Pa. We will arrive together on Saturday morning.
The weather forecast looks great.

Attachments

·
7,406 Posts
Bringing a case of Paulaner Oktoberfest and Devils Backbone O'Fest beer ;)

BTW.. Thanks Google Maps.. Thanks for clearing up how long it will take to drive through DC/Baltimore/Philly..

Anywhere from 5 to 8-1/2 hours, you know give or take 3.5 hours.

So will be there between 10 am and 2 pm.. :dunno:

:haha:

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ah, the winds of fortune don't allow for this event this year as we both navigate retirement and the old man had way too much fun this summer. Too bad as I see a fellow beer drinker this year. I have had to go to NJ or PA for my annual Oktoberfest beef supply. This year, the Market Basket gods, looked kindly upon me. For a mere $7.99 per six-pack, I got my choice of two favorites, Paulner and Hacker-Pschorr stacked neatly in one pile. Every time I checked out with four cases, I got strange looks and comments. What's odd about four cases of beer, two onions and some green beans? I'd go back and there was that dam stack again. I finally had enough to get me through. I went back to the store and there was the stack. Untouched, waiting for me. Nobody else seems to know what it is around here. So raise a cold one for me. The Jack's Abby is really good this year too.

Attachments

·
7,406 Posts
Ah, the winds of fortune don't allow for this event this year as we both navigate retirement and the old man had way too much fun this summer. Too bad as I see a fellow beer drinker this year. I have had to go to NJ or PA for my annual Oktoberfest beef supply. This year, the Market Basket gods, looked kindly upon me. For a mere $7.99 per six-pack, I got my choice of two favorites, Paulner and Hacker-Pschorr stacked neatly in one pile. Every time I checked out with four cases, I got strange looks and comments. What's odd about four cases of beer, two onions and some green beans? I'd go back and there was that dam stack again. I finally had enough to get me through. I went back to the store and there was the stack. Untouched, waiting for me. Nobody else seems to know what it is around here. So raise a cold one for me. The Jack's Abby is really good this year too.
Two of my favorites.. and I was clearing out my local Wegmans of both for a while there too.

Cart full of 2-3 cases of Hacker, and a loaf of bread..

I had cases of the Hacker to bring to Octopelfest and Charlotte.. yet they all seemed to disappear.. ;)

Did get a few of the last Paulaner Oktoberfest to bring though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts