Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been getting frost on the ground nearly every morning. I knew it wouldn't be long before they started spraying our local bridges with calcium . And this morning it finally happened...... :mad::((n):cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last wash .... She gave me 2700 trouble free miles this season! I'm very happy and thankful for that.

Attachments

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,540 Posts
No overnight frost yet here in Jersey. It's hard to judge around here, some years there's snow every 3 days and some years, like last year, we'll get no snow at all, just rain. They're saying that we should get a wetter/cooler than average Winter here in the Northeast this year, so that means lots of snow. But we can go right up to Christmas before the first snowfall on years like this.

·
RunOpel
1,278 Posts
Its always a bit sad to put the Opel GT to bed for the winter unless you are privileged to live in an area where the weather is more accommodating. I live in the pacific northwest which if you don't mind driving in the rain :p then your okay.

Reactions: Lil Red GT

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have a great admiration for you guys in the snow regions who restore & keep your cars in the pristine condition that you do. Living in So Cal. definitely gives you an unfair advantage.

I did have my GT in Michigan for 6 years and that’s where it picked up most of it’s rust. I tried not to drive it in the rain there either because it seemed like all that winter salt would still be lying in wait on the roads.

Again my hats off to all of you and your undying dedication.

·
Registered
616 Posts
When I was building my motorbike, I was talking to a guy I was swapping parts with in Texas about how I was in a hurry to get them before the riding season was over. He said the riding season for him was just starting, because it was too hot to ride a motorbike for a while yet.

Our riding season is only like, 4-6 months. It made my brain fizzle that it could ever be so hot that you can't ride a motorbike. I figure, you just need more airflow. Well no, not when the air temp is above body temp, airflow just makes you hotter.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We had a great long spring time here in South Carolina for Opel driving but July and August while I did go out a couple of times I returned covered in sweat - just too hot and has been for a good part of Sept as well. Supposed to be 80 and clear on Friday but then the aircondition comes on Saturday with a high of 68 - shorts to jeans in a day. Looking forward to that and I activated my heater this year with a new valve so I look forward to testing that out as well in some cooler temps, have not driven the car with the windows up since around 1983, lookimg forward to that. Sometimes in winter here it never drops below freezing and on warm days the mosquites come out. Get a dusting of snow about every ten years. But like everywhere else the days are short and too many of them are grey.

·
Super Moderator
5,804 Posts
Our VSCCC.ca late season cruise planned for tonight was cancelled due to forecast snow & rain. Even though we had 3" of snow last night, by this evening it was all melted and dried up, and the evening was very nice. So I called up Sterling Rempel and us and our spouses did an A&W run to Cochrane.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Senior Contributor
4,997 Posts
The great thing about being in Florida is that there is no end to the Opel season. Today I played golf and it was 85 degrees F. This coming Saturday is the all German show that my GT will be in.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I'm a cool weather guy, when I was golfing I wouldn't go out when it was warmer than the mid 60s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts