Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!! Talk about a gift. I was supposed to drive to Nashville this evening with my wife, daughter and mother-in-law to go to my wife's friend's brother's wedding. Joy. :(

I got home from the gym this morning and my wife says to me.. "Do you want to stay home? You could work on your car."

:eek:

DUH?!?!?!?!!! Gee, what do you think I said?!?!? The Opel is getting some definate lovin this weekend. WHOO HOO!!! :D

·
Opeler
59 Posts
In the midst...

I am in the midst of changing jobs. Rather than going from one to the other, I am taking the next two weeks off against the OverTime I have acrued. My wife actually said to me "You need to relax. Why don't you spend the next couple of weeks playing (her word not mine...) with the Opel?". Needless to say, the next day I was on the horn to OGTS ordering parts. Today's my last day at the old job - hopefully in 2 weeks there will be another GT back on the road!

I am just absolutely amazed... I normally have to fight to get some time in on the car between work and family obligations.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Pay Forward ...

Good women are just a wee bit more difficult to find than rust-free Opels.
So look after those ladys you guys - don't spend ALL the time with the GTs! ;)

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Yep...some of us are lucky in that way. My wife drove down to Carlisle on Sunday (and back obviously) just to see the Opels and Citroens (they remind her of her youth). Last year, she literally got off the plane from Ireland and drove to the show on Sunday as well. If we can ever get someone to take care of the farm, she wants to come down for the weekend and mingle with the other Opelers. She also nags me each year at this time to get her GT on the road :rolleyes:.

I mean, allowing you time to work on your car is one thing, but when they NAG you to work on THEIR car, geesh!

Todd K.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's not just the women...

Get this:
My husband has a '91 Accord with over 450,000 miles on the original non-rebuilt engine that still gets over 30 mpg. Harmonic balancer went kaput and long story short he needs to replace the crank, etc before it can be driven again. This happened months ago and he loves that car for it's performance and comfort as a daily driver and his 'first' purchase of a brand new car. So what's he been doing? Helping me work on the Opel, purchasing parts for the Opel, doing Opel stuff, Opel, Opel, Opel, while the Honda sits up and he drives the strip model uncomfortable Isuzu truck.
That's love.
My man, the best guy around. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
poffenroth said:
I am in the midst of changing jobs. Rather than going from one to the other, I am taking the next two weeks off against the OverTime I have acrued. My wife actually said to me "You need to relax. Why don't you spend the next couple of weeks playing (her word not mine...) with the Opel?". Needless to say, the next day I was on the horn to OGTS ordering parts. Today's my last day at the old job - hopefully in 2 weeks there will be another GT back on the road!

I am just absolutely amazed... I normally have to fight to get some time in on the car between work and family obligations.
Trevor called me a minute ago, just to let me hear his GT sing. Yep, he rebuilt an old Weber I had (merged two POS's) with an OGTS rebuild kit, and it fired right up. Ah, an actual running Opel in Calgary! Now, if John Warga and I could just get OUR S--T together, we could have three more..

Congrats Trev!

·
Opeler
59 Posts
Haha!! Thanks Keith.

Vacuum lines next :eek: !! Easier said than done. Man, tonnes of reading on this site! Anyone published a simple vacuum diagram for the Weber 32/36 conversion on the GT?

But the list continues (more or less in order):

Tires, brakes, headlight wiring, pertronix, flamethrower, plugs, wires, distributor cap, headlight mechanisms, stereo, ...

That's my list for now. I'm sure it'll grow. I think that after the headlight wiring, I'll actually feel like it's driveable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts