Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
In larger quantities, you get paid for it up here. It's still oil, it has value.

Back in the farmer days I'm surprised anyone would bother to dig a hole and fill it with gravel.... it's OIL... it burns. Squirt it in the fireplace or the furnace tank or save it for camping. Dump it in a paint can, set it on the driveway and let it burn like a candle.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,112 Posts
Too close to home for me. 25 years next April 19th.
All depends on the use. Explosives can be fun, and they can be deadly.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Whoever it was must have put a lot of gas in the waste oil. Here is an add for a waste oil heater that says it will take up to 30% by volume of gas in waste oil. (The concern that I have found is over possible explosions in .)
Some of the large farms in the area are recycling theirs in waste oil burners. So the risk of contamination can be alleviated since they are the persons dumping it. For the average person a waste oil burner isn't practical, but if you have a large quantity it can be. Jarrell

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I can drop my waste fluids off at the township maintenance department about 10 blocks from my house.

A dude at work is retiring and moving to Virginia "where everyone votes for Trump, there ain't no laws, and there ain't no dang recycling!" he claims.

He showed me pics of his new house and property and I was wondering what all those bare patches in his lawn with gravel in them were all about........

:lmao:
How that dude at work taking the news of the election results in VA? ;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
We can get rid of oil the first Saturday of the month at the old landfill site in town. They are very picky and only want oil. Same issue of getting mixed stuff and having to pay to get rid of it. Auto part stores and Walmart take it also. Anti-freeze, brake fluid, transmission oil are a problem. There is a once-a-year hazardous waste pickup day in the next town but we always seem to miss it. So that stuff is starting to build up. Then there is the ten gallons of gas that I drained from the Manta gas tank five years ago. I guess I should try to burn it in the lawn mower but I don't want to screw it up.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,112 Posts
I guess I should try to burn it in the lawn mower but I don't want to screw it up.
Use it for camp fires. Just don't do what this guy did...

·
Über Genius
8,918 Posts

·
Living in the past
2,280 Posts
Haters in Virginia

He's an idiot, a former best friend. He's moving away from Jersey where all the people he knows are to move to nowhere in Virginia where he doesn't know anybody and they hate northerners. Dumbass.
We should clear this up, from my viewpoint anyway, where I live in Virginia a large part of the population is retired military who have lived all over the US and the world and I don't think all of them are Dumb-asses but they chose Virginia as their place to retire, and a lot to them came here from the north. My daughter-in-law is from JERSEY (shore) and I love her dearly, granted she has been here long enough that she is re-programed, and I have several other friends that began life north of the Mason-Dixon line. I came here in the military originally from the mid-west and liked it well enough to spend the rest of my life here, so.......my vote is, if you are going to be a dumb-ass and do dumb-ass things no matter where you come from some people are going to treat you accordingly. We had a saying on the Police Department (when you got promoted to Sergeant or above you had a gold badge) that if you put gold on a person and there was any mental problems in their family it would come out in 30 days:yup::lmao:

·
Pedal Smasher
2,112 Posts
if you put gold on a person and there are any mental problems in their family it will come out in 30 days.
Also applies to marriage.

Reactions: soybean and dpre

·
RunOpel
1,229 Posts
To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is As Stupid Does" :yup: The point is: Never mix fire with gasoline :no: bad things usually will happen :lmao: Go Figure

Love that saying about the brain and love Doug :veryhappy

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
Idiot #1 "How much gas should we use?"

Idiot #2 "A cup is all you need"

Idiot #1 "Well hell, then 5 gallons should get this party started QUICK, start the camera."

21 - 40 of 48 Posts