Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,483 Posts
Mike, I use the NAPA Gold #1361. Doesn't fit a GT however, but will fit your Manta. It just happens that it would fit my '91 Sentra and my '92 Pathfinder and all my Opels. So it was convenient to keep one part number on the shelf for all my cars.

NAPA makes a cheaper version #21361 of the same filter (non-'Gold'), but oil and filters are the most important part of keeping an engine alive so I spend the extra $2-3 bucks and get the 'good' filters.

I tend to stay away from Fram filters but have used WIX, Purolator, and Bosch oil filters with good results.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,402 Posts
can someone give me a list of different oil filters i can use
I have used these oil filters on my GTs:
Fram PH3614
CarQuest 85374
NAPA filter 1374

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
338 Posts
NAPA Gold 1364 made by WIX. WIX 51364. My machinist builds motors for circle track cars and will not warranty a car that runs fram oil filters.

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
I tend to stay away from Fram filters but have used WIX, Purolator, and Bosch oil filters with good results.
Someone at O'Reilly's told me a few days ago that Purolator had changed hands to someone that would cut the quality. This is what I found at the Purolator website.

Purolator Filters NA LLC is a joint venture company of The Bosch Group and The Mann+Hummel Group
Harold

·
New/Old Owner 1973 GT
860 Posts
Someone at O'Reilly's told me a few days ago that Purolator had changed hands to someone that would cut the quality. This is what I found at the Purolator website.

Purolator Filters NA LLC is a joint venture company of The Bosch Group and The Mann+Hummel Group
Harold
Bosch and Mann are top German manufacturers. I wouldn't think that would negetively effect quality.

Jim :cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
Bosch and Mann are top German manufacturers. I wouldn't think that would negetively effect quality.

Jim :cool:
No doubt Jim! I should have been a little more clear with my post. Either my source was wrong, young guys at O'Reilly's, OR they were correct and the website hasn't been updated yet to reflect a change in ownership. I've not used any Bosch filters but IIRC a Mann P/N is located on the air filter housings on some of our Opels, maybe all of them.

Harold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts