Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a couple of different oil filters that can be used on the stock 1.9. There's a "short" and "long" version basically. I always tend to use the longer one, however most application manuals in auto parts stores list the short one as the proper fitment (at least for a 74 Manta). Has anyone noticed a difference in oil pressure when using one versus the other? I'm referring to filter sizes, not different filter brands.

I purchased the short version today, just to see if I notice a difference.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Didn't generate any responses to this one the first time around. I'm installing a Purolator L10028 filter, but I've also seen (and used myself) the Purolator L20252 (equivalent to a Fram 2870A). Same diameter, thread, and seal...just larger capacity. Has anyone ever experienced oil pressure differences between the two filter sizes that are typically used on the 1.9?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i like to use the STP filter but i cannot remember the number. i'll try to get it for you today, but i see that i prefer it the most.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I changed oil filters from a Fram to a K&N filter HP1002. I seem to get better oil pressure from the K&N. I used to run STPs on my Manta when it was a daily driver until 89. They might just be made differently now. Jarrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts