Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Does it need to electrical with it's idiot light lug or would a mechanical suit your purpose?

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
Anyone know of an aftermarket oil pressure sending unit for the 1.9 Liter GT. OGTS used to sell one but is T.O.S.
Why reinvent the wheel?

There's a box of them under my workbench, about eight or so.

Send Tom, $25.00 and another $10.00 for postage handling whatever.

([email protected] paypal)

We'll send you a good used one. If that one don't work, we'll send you another one.

I would test it before we ship, but they are hard to test.

Opel Junky, we got your junk.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
My sentiments exactly.

Buy two so you have one as a spare. Or order the vdo fuel gauge too and replace both, to get the free shipping.

thats what I did.

bada bing bada boom

·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like the aftermarket units come without the rubber boot. Mine is cracked beyond being useful. Anyone had any experience running the Oil pressure sender without the protective rubber boot?

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
protective rubber boot is just one extra layer of protection and doesnt last long.

unless you have a header config that is real close or stock exhaust manifold is, I dont see it being a problem.

360-028 is the oil pressure and is direct replacement- no adapter fitting like in the past.

224-225 is the fuel sender. DO NOT LOSE the rubber gasket like I did. I had to make one. you might have to make a second one, at least half thickness. or fuel sender barely bottoms out.

notice how there isnt a 224-224 in the list? this one would be perfect. but nothings ever easy. 224-225 is an excellent replacement and is more accurate than stock.

·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
protective rubber boot is just one extra layer of protection and doesnt last long.

unless you have a header config that is real close or stock exhaust manifold is, I dont see it being a problem.

360-028 is the oil pressure and is direct replacement- no adapter fitting like in the past.

224-225 is the fuel sender. DO NOT LOSE the rubber gasket like I did. I had to make one. you might have to make a second one, at least half thickness. or fuel sender barely bottoms out.

notice how there isnt a 224-224 in the list? this one would be perfect. but nothings ever easy. 224-225 is an excellent replacement and is more accurate than stock.
Thanks again, Jimmy.

·
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Look what I found. Jegs has it also at a few bucks more. Free shipping
Tubular Level Sender, VDO Part #224-224

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,405 Posts
It looks like the aftermarket units come without the rubber boot. Mine is cracked beyond being useful. Anyone had any experience running the Oil pressure sender without the protective rubber boot?
I've run one without the boot on my Manta for a couple of years. No problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts