Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While working on stripping the front end clean on a junker for a trade, my neighbor pulls up and as we're talking I hear "My uncle has a couple of them". I've heard this before, so I say lets go see them. We hop in the truck and 15 min later we're trudging back in the bushes behind his Uncles house. Lo and behold, there are three Opels. Not Gts, but 2 Kadette Station Wagons and I guess 1 Kadette Rallye? (looks somewhat like a fastback, I can't remember ever seeing one to tell) The Blue one is a Kadette B Caravan L Vin 399386826 Data plate on drivers side matched and had 10/70 on the tag too. Pretty good shape, only light rot on the passenger rear side and the spare tire well. Windshield broken on passenger side from tree branch hitting it. All in all seemed a keeper. Interior was ok, the floorboard that I could push on, and see was good.The white one (Kadette L), apparently was a donor for the Blue one. I couldn't read the Vin on it, or the "Fastback?" (Kadette LS), they were both pretty far gone. If anyone would like pictures, I took a bunch. The Caravan reminded me of the one my father bought when we were in Germany and traveled around in while we were there. A good break from the heat and a trip down memory lane too. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.