Opel GT Forum banner

421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
The latest issue of The Blitz went out last night, but not without a struggle. MailChimp would not let me "copy-paste" my own code to make the HTML email so I had to send out the notices in small batches using my personal email account. It was tedious and easy to make an error. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The latest issue of The Blitz went out last night, but not without a struggle. MailChimp would not let me "copy-paste" my own code to make the HTML email so I had to send out the notices in small batches using my personal email account. It was tedious and easy to make an error. I hope I didn't miss anyone.
My copied arrived just fine but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for going beyond and above in your efforts!

·
Pedal Smasher
1,947 Posts
I got it too, thanks. I also renewed my dues last night.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Even I read The Blitz. ;)

I removed the vacuum advance and riveted the plates together. I didn't add the feature where I can adjust mechanical advance.

This is the third distributor I've done this to. This one will stay with the engine test stand.

Mike

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,175 Posts
Even I read The Blitz. ;)

I removed the vacuum advance and riveted the plates together. I didn't add the feature where I can adjust mechanical advance.

This is the third distributor I've done this to. This one will stay with the engine test stand.

Mike
Looks great! A tip for next time is to take an extra oval inspection cover from another distributor and push it into the hole for the vacuum canister. The holes are the same size! Then you don’t have to make a block off plate:)

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
The printed version is on its way. Check your mailbox daily, maybe three or four times a day, until it magically appears.

I'm 3,200 words into the next issue. Topics to be covered:

• Conclusion of the mess with Catherine's GT
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Manta
  • History of the Manta
  • The Colorado Conrero
  • The Joys of Owning an Engine Test Stand
  • Photos from the recent big show in Europe
  • Story about a 14 year old girl who bought a GT with babysitting money and is getting it on the road
Plus whatever you folks come up with.

Mike

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
I emailed the (so-called) officers to get the ball rolling and in it I made a few suggestions. Basically, we team up with Gil and his celebration of the Manta, just like the Nationals did last year with the celebration of the GT. We could hold the meet at either the beginning or end of the tour of the Pacific Coast. If Gil's event is to run in late July we could coordinate with the folks who put on the Pacific Northwest meet, formerly the Tacoma Meet. That got me to thinking that maybe we should do it at the LeMay museum in downtown Tacoma, or perhaps the Boeing museum. Or how about a day at the track at The Ridge Motorsports Park, which is just across the sound from Seattle? For that one we could load all of tour cars onto a ferry and take it across the sound.

So many possibilities.

I'll let you know as things develop.

Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The Lemay museum is very cool. We were there a few weeks ago enjoying an "All you can eat" bacon brunch during a "Celebrate Cadillac" exhibit. You could spend hours there looking at all the cool cars, probably 60-70% American cars but a good number of British too, some customs, and even a hall of motorcycles. Quite enjoyable, I've been there a few times and will go again. They have special exhibits all the time but I missed the one with exotic Italian cars. Hope they do that one again. I'm also looking for a German car exhibit.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have been in the 'old' LEMAY with the Tacoma Opel group one time years ago,
and in the new LEMAY more recently. And would go back to either of them.

Yesterday I replaced the batteries in an LG TV remote, now nominating these to be official BLITZ toys / mascots.

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,175 Posts
Great issue! I really enjoyed your continued story on Catherines car, The Roger Wilson article, and my CIH article:)

BTW I haven't been able to open the previous 2 issues on an Iphone using google chrome or safari. I get a message saying the server can not be reached on both browsers. It works fine on my computer though.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Thanks Kyler. Awesome story on the CIH. I especially love the photos in that article. ;)

A couple people told me they'd like a version of this issue where the cars on the cover are not obscured by the text. Give me a day or so and I'll get that done.

I received confirmation that the print editions have been printed and shipped. Print subscribers should see their copy in their mailboxes by the end of the upcoming week.

Interesting tidbit, that only 62% of members open the email I send out that announces the latest issue. I hope that's just a glitch in the logging software and that 38% of the emails are not going straight into the trash/spam folder.

I've already started working on the next issue.

Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Thanks Kyler. Awesome story on the CIH. I especially love the photos in that article. ;)

A couple people told me they'd like a version of this issue where the cars on the cover are not obscured by the text. Give me a day or so and I'll get that done.

I received confirmation that the print editions have been printed and shipped. Print subscribers should see their copy in their mailboxes by the end of the upcoming week.

Interesting tidbit, that only 62% of members open the email I send out that announces the latest issue. I hope that's just a glitch in the logging software and that 38% of the emails are not going straight into the trash/spam folder.

I've already started working on the next issue.

Mike
When I get the pdf notice it is usually ignored since my preference is to read the print version.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts