Opel GT Forum banner

461 - 469 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Thanks!

Membership/subscriber trends are creeping upwards. In recent history, it peaked at near 170 just before the 2015 anniversary, dropped back to the old numbers during the following year, and has since been inching upwards, all that inching being due to print subscribers. PDF numbers have remained flat. Every quarter one or two members swaps between print and PDF. I guess I should look into this more to see if the swaps or new joins are driving the print numbers.

The issue of print versus PDF has been discussed. Every member gets the PDF version, print members also get the print, about a week later. Notices are sent to everyone in an email. So in the print versus PDF debate, I still find it interesting that just over 1/3 of our members who have email addresses (A handful apparently do not.) never open them. Maybe there's a firewall or something involved, or the email goes directly into a spam folder, or maybe they don't even want to bother with the PDF version. A few have told me they see it as a notice that the print version will be arriving soon, and although they may skim through the PDF version, they will wait for the print before reading any articles. Anyway, interesting. It seems physical books are not dead.

The emails go out through a service called MailChimp. As long as we stay under 2000 recipients the service is free. They not only send the emails for us but they track them. Each link in the emails takes you first to MailChimp, who grabs basic info such as name, location, and time of day, then passes you on to the link's final destination. That's common practice, and that's how I can monitor the "success" of the "campaign", terminology they use. That's how I know nearly 40% of members do not even open the emails.

Anyway, just offering a little peak into how this all works.

Mike

Attachments

·
1,526 Posts
I just sent my renewal in today, mine expires January.
Thanks, John Lewis AKA Guyopel

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
Hey Mike,

I think we need an In Memorandum issue of the blitz. We’ve lost Norbert and Erhard Schnell. Something to celebrate the contributions to the Opel community by these two gentlemen.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,993 Posts
Gordo would be happy to cover Norbert I think. Gary could probably cover Erhard. Or many could contribute their stories, maybe that’s best.

I’m posting on FB a call for stories on them.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
With Erhard Schnell's recent passing the issue of the Blitz I had most done will get reworked and dedicated to Erhard. Gil was friends with him and will write up something for us. He also has lots of photos to share. I'll also be reprinting stories I find online.

If you have stories, photos, remembrances to share and would like to share, send them to me at [email protected]

The covers of this issue will probably be what you see below. Titles and such are certain to change.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Quickest to use PayPal if you have it.

Membership Levels
Regular: Receives print and electronic versions of The Blitz
Electronic: Receives the electronic (email) version of The Blitz
Membership Dues
Regular: $45 ($47 if paying by PayPal)
Electronic: $20 ($21 if paying by PayPal)

Thanks for posting the information Lindsay, I just re subscribed, shame on me for letting the subscription go

461 - 469 of 469 Posts