Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Sent my check for On-line membership 8-04. check was never cashed and have sent several emails to the treasure to renew with no response. Anybody successful in renewing?

TIA

· Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I get the 'paper' membership, and just renewed about 3 weeks ago. Check was already cashed. Who'd you send the money too, Dick Counsil?

Bob

· Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

I did send it to Dick. I want to be in good standing, I will try to go to the picnic this year.

Ken

· Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
OMC Picnic Route?

opelblitz said:
Bob,

I did send it to Dick. I want to be in good standing, I will try to go to the picnic this year.

Ken
You coming across on I-20 or I-40? :confused:

· Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be by plane...... 8 to 10 days by car is more than I want to take vacation time for. Plus thats a long time on the road with no road help alone.

But my question is still not answered. Is anyone using the web only membership? And Dick, please email me back.

· Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
I'm in a similar situation

Hi Ken:
I sent the amount for a paper membership for last year, by mistake, as I wanted to re-up for the on-line membership. I tried contacting Dick "many"
times to resolve my screwup, but he never replied. My membership has since run out, and I haven't renewed.
Maybe someone out here has an answer for us ?!?!?!? :confused:

Rick Gradwell

· Über Moderator
6,669 Posts
I have been an "on-line" OMC member for several years, paying each year by PayPal (with the extra $1 for the PayPal fee, $21 USD). With John Seaman's unfortunate passing last year, the PayPal account was in a bit of "limbo", but has now been resolved. Here is some recent correspondence between Dick Counsil and myself:

Hello Dick, long time no talk. (I have sent a copy of this to Gil, as I believe he is still handling the Blitz editorship on an interim basis, and to Gary Farias at OGT.com).
A while back I received a note in the mail that my on-line membership in the OMC was coming up for renewal. I have always paid by PayPal in the past, but with John’s passing, I knew the process was in a bit of a flux. I looked at the latest Blitz, and it said PayPal payments could be made, so I went ahead and did that. But some recent dialogue on www.OpelGT.com suggested that PayPal payments, and even OMC memberships, were still a bit uncertain. I just wanted to know if you HAD received my payment, and perhaps ask if there were any updates on OMC.
I thought I heard that Stephen Vaillancourt (if that is how you spell his name; “oldopelguy” on OGT.com) was contemplating taking on the Blitz editorship, and even Charles Goin had suggested he would help out. If you have any recent updates on OMC, I would be happy to pass them on to the OGT.com membership.
I hope that all is well with you and yours, and that you will have a safe and joyous Christmas season. I look forward to hearing from you, and we hope to see you all at the 2005 OMC Picnic.
Keith Wilford

Hi Keith & Family;
I hope all is well with you and that the weather is not too severe. I also belatedly want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.
I received your renewal on PayPal and have updated the records. It took a while for Gil and I to figure out John's usercode and passwords for PayPal. Now I am the custodian of the PayPal account. I asked Gil to let Gary Know that PayPal can be used again. Apparently Gary did not get the word. I'll call him and let him know.
The OMC Election are currently taking place and Steve is being elected as the new editor. Gil, as far as I know, has been in contact with him to work out the transition details but I have not talked to Gil about the details.
I thought when I retired in June 2000, I'd have more time to devote to leisure things. That has yet materialize. I can't believe busy one can get. It seems I cannot find any free time for anything. My calendar looks like a "Train Wreck" with junk strewn everywhere all the time.
Its great to hear from you. Hopefully the Club will experience a rebirth with a new slate of officers. Many familiar names will continue as officers until someone is willing to give it a try.
Keep in touch. Hopefully we'll see you again in the near future.
Warmest regards,
Dick

· Administrator
10,421 Posts
Dave A. is the new OMC president and he is focusing a lot of energy towardthe picnic. I gave access to the OMC site to Dave and the new webmaster around a month ago. They are supposed to be redesigning the site.

Gil sends me a CD of the Blitz and I email it out. I received the December issue (3.8 meg) last week and will mail it out as soon as the flu bug clears enough for me to think straight. The problem with emailing the Blitz is there is a large number of 'bounces' due to its size and the size limits for Hotmail and others. I offered to put it in a secured folder on opelclub.com but that was shot down.

A lot of the online OMC members are registered here. I'll post a note here when it goes out.

433 Posts
Gary said:
Dave A. is the new OMC president and he is focusing a lot of energy towardthe picnic. I gave access to the OMC site to Dave and the new webmaster around a month ago. They are supposed to be redesigning the site.

Gil sends me a CD of the Blitz and I email it out. I received the December issue (3.8 meg) last week and will mail it out as soon as the flu bug clears enough for me to think straight. The problem with emailing the Blitz is there is a large number of 'bounces' due to its size and the size limits for Hotmail and others. I offered to put it in a secured folder on opelclub.com but that was shot down.

A lot of the online OMC members are registered here. I'll post a note here when it goes out.
Hi Gary,

I renewed my membership at last year's OMC picnic. I paid Dick Counsil directly. But I realized that I wasn't receiving any Blitzes in the mail. Are all Blitzes now going to be on-line at the OMC site?

Thanks,

Manny

· Administrator
10,421 Posts
gtzero said:
Hi Gary,

I renewed my membership at last year's OMC picnic. I paid Dick Counsil directly. But I realized that I wasn't receiving any Blitzes in the mail. Are all Blitzes now going to be on-line at the OMC site?

Thanks,

Manny
Manny - Contact Gil if you paid for mailed copies and have not received them.

· Opel Key Master
5,590 Posts
OMC Membership problems

I've been trying to contact Dick Counsil about a membership renewal that I paypaled a couple months ago. I am on the paper mail blitz list and have not recieved any issues lately. I cannot get Dick to email me to let me know he accknowledges my payment and that maybe issues have not come out yet??? If someone knows other ways to contact him, or get this straight, please let me know
Keith Lundholm
Cookeville, TN

· 1000 Post Club
1,468 Posts
contact this person Anonymous D...seems to always post about the omc newsletter...or even get on their site and email them from there...i had the same problem, but mine went for almost a year, but they gave me all the back issues and everything...

· Registered
1,492 Posts
Send OMC an Email

For any payment or delivery issues,
please send a private Email to OMC at:

joinomc (at) opelclub (dot) com

We'll handle it from there.

(Note: We changed our email & PayPal addresses
a couple of years ago, after our newletter
Editor passed away. When emails or payments are
sent to the PRIOR addresses, we don't receive them.
So please Email us at the NEW address, to ensure
that communication is received).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.