Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting a 2.4 shipped over from Germany that was originally in an Omega. The owner wants to know if I want the flywheel. Can anyone chime in on whether there's any advantage to me getting this? I plan to couple the engine to a Getrag. Obviously the flywheel adds some additional weight to the shipping cost, so if I don't need it there's no use to include it. I suspect they're a little more beefy than the 1.9 flywheel, but I don't know for sure. Also I don't know anything regarding the ring gear, whether it's the same as the 1.9, etc. ANY help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Todd K.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Todd, I can understand the concern about the additional weight and related shipping charges, but here's a thought, if a standard Opel flywheel won't work on the engine, you're kinda hung out there. If the clutch assembly won't bolt up to the Omega flywheel, and presuming you're getting the starter with the engine, you can redrill and thread the flywheel for the Opel pressure plate no problem. JMTCW.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave. I already have Uwe shipping a set of dBilas twin intakes and thermostat housing in with the other stuff coming over to Gene. The flywheel is still attached to the engine, which is being shipped through other means. I'll just have him leave it on the engine...no biggie. Thanks for the info!!

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.