Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this car since maybe 2010, I had the intention to do a tube chassis and a pinto motor. As you can see more than a dozen years later and I've done exactly nothing with it.

The story I got was this was the work of an auto teacher,
Fabricated nose, modified front fenders, widened doors, the windshield and roof are laid back, and the entire rear deck is fabricated.

If interested
909 992 2884
Thanks
Aaron.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Asphalt

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Asphalt

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
Wow ... this is ... sexy ...

Dieter

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The first thing that came to my mind when seeing this is the Ford SVO's Mustang Zakspeed and GTP race cars that Ford was building & racing in the early 1980's. Think outrageous wide body tube framed race cars with tiny 1.7 liter turbocharged motors that zinged to a zillion RPM's and spit out flames from the exhaust. Super wide BBS rims on steam roller width tires, front air dams with an 1/8th inch ground clearance and rear wings. They were the apex of Ford racing technology with small turbo 4 cylinders (of which I was a fan; always wanted an SVO Mustang) and I miss those days of Ford's SVO program.

When thought along the lines of that insane IMSA GTP series, this GT would fit right in; maybe even more than the dirt track style racers. I like it. Imagine it fit out with the era-specific BBS rims, side exhaust and some form of tuned CIH motor with dual webers, FI or turbo.... Here's a documentary of the SVO GTP program, to see what this class was all about:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was going to be the motor initially.
2.5L lima, .680 roller cam.

Too busy with bikes and motorcycles,
And we got into sprint car racing.
No time for more toys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts