Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you who had your Opel serviced by Opel's Unlimited back in the days when it was in La Habra Ca. then it might have been repaired by Todd's master Opel mechanic James Petzold.
Jim left Opel's Unlimited and opened his own repair shop Opels Forever in Ontario Ca.
I met James in 1996 and I had just opened Usa Opel in Fallbrook so we agreed to help the Opel owners with parts, repairs, car sales, restorations, and service as a team. We joined or merged the two Opel companies in an effort to give complete service to the Opel community. James and I became partners as well as very good friends. He was a very kind hearted man. He gave people very reasonable usually flat rate costs to repair their beloved Opels. His shop closed as his ex wife needed his help with her business. He continued to service Opels with USA Opel in Fallbrook and then at the Rainbow/Temecula location for years after the Ontario shop closed.
Margret Petzold called me last night to inform me he had passed away sometime last week. He was only 72 years young.
There will be services in October for James in or near Phoenix Arizona, if anyone would like to pay their respects.
For information please email me Jim Marchitto at [email protected]

· Super Moderator
15,223 Posts
I never met him but I know the name. Sorry for your loss Jim.

Reactions: OpelJim

593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monday October 5th

If you live close to Arizona please take note. In case anyone is interested in attending the memorial service and funeral of our Opel friend James Petzold please PM me for details It is Oct 5th NOON at the White Tank Southern Baptist Church 1420 N 192nd Ave, Buckeye, AZ 85396 Phone:(623) 853-0089 A military funeral at 2 pm at 23029 North Cave Creek Road Phoenix, AZ 85024 It would be cool if a caravan of Opels were to show up for the OWNER of Opel's Forever Partner of Usa Opel and friend to all

593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just got the details from Kathy

For all you who had your Opel serviced by Opel's Unlimited back in the days when it was in La Habra Ca. then it might have been repaired by Todd's master Opel mechanic James Petzold.
Jim left Opel's Unlimited and opened his own repair shop Opels Forever in Ontario Ca.
I met James in 1996 and I had just opened Usa Opel in Fallbrook so we agreed to help the Opel owners with parts, repairs, car sales, restorations, and service as a team. We joined or merged the two Opel companies in an effort to give complete service to the Opel community. James and I became partners as well as very good friends. He was a very kind hearted man. He gave people very reasonable usually flat rate costs to repair their beloved Opels. His shop closed as his ex wife needed his help with her business. He continued to service Opels with USA Opel in Fallbrook and then at the Rainbow/Temecula location for years after the Ontario shop closed.

Margret Petzold called me last night to inform me he had passed away sometime last week. He was only 72 years young.
There will be services in October for James in or near Phoenix Arizona, if anyone would like to pay their respects.
For information please email me Jim Marchitto at [email protected]
If you live close to Arizona please take note. In case anyone is interested in attending the memorial service and funeral of our Opel friend James Petzold please PM me for details It is Oct 5th NOON at the White Tank Southern Baptist Church 1420 N 192nd Ave, Buckeye, AZ 85396 Phone:(623) 853-0089 A military funeral at 2 pm at 23029 North Cave Creek Road Phoenix, AZ 85024 It would be cool if a caravan of Opels were to show up for the OWNER of Opel's Forever Partner of Usa Opel and friend to all

· Registered
154 Posts
Life is so short. It's neat how these special little cars can bring people together and establish friendships that may have otherwise never happened. I'm sure he has effected a lot of people's lives and it's sad to loose him so early. My prayers are with all family and friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.