Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

Opel Junky has a 1.1 differential, a front end, a wiring harness, and a carb set with manifold.

The car is pitifull, but we are gonna cut it up, and who needs a nose, fenders. rockers. whatever?

OGTS wants us to document the wiring harness.

I think that is a great idea. This one is untouched.

Pics and a diagram, I am on it.

I owe the Opel community something, for all the parts Pherly, Green Bay Jimmy, the Jawja Boyz, and Rally Bob, sent me to build Daily Driver.

Not to mention Gil at OGTS.

Anyway, we have some 1.1 stuff. If you want it, let me know.

Please do so, before I get drunk,

and just for the heck of it.

Stuff that 4.11 skinny rear end under my GT and do burnouts until I break it.

Tom has a big backyard, some of you have seen it.

We can park 25 Opel Gt's back here, or there's enough concrete for me to do launch tests.

U tube anyone?

Oh, and the other 70 GT, the yellow one?

Sad to say:

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today."

Maybe in some far off place like Ohio, this would not happen. But this is Texas.

We (Opel Junky, Tom and Me, and Orion) Ain't not sellin no Opel Gt with issues like that.

It has the dreaded, front lower fender cancer.

Which means. Either some guy in Ohio, spends years in his garage fixing it. Or we sell a car, and just know that the next guy will have problems for forever.

Or, And this is MY REAL ISSUE.

We sell a GT Body, As Is.

I do not know if whoever buys it, will really fix it, and fix it Right.

I do know.

That if they don't fix it right, and they ever have a front end crash.

Structural weakness in that part of the body of a Gt will almost be assured to kill somebody. Or mess them up for life.

So pretty as it is, and in Ohio, it's a keeper.

Opel Junky now has an excess of body parts.

And I don't know whats wrong with the Ad Board.

But for the guy looking for an engine crossmember, and a few other folks?

We got your junk.

PM me, Name your part, name your price, we got your junk.

Same week shipping.

Free advice too

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Sir
I'm very reluctant to talk about this while lying on your couch.
Please tell me I'm not crazy
I've got this madding impulse to get another...
Do you want me to tell you your not crazy?

Or do you want me to lie to you?

Because I can do both at the same time.

But seriously, I am the wrong, perhaps the worst person to talk to about this.

When I had the OpelHaus I owned over 35 Opels at one time. I kicked the addiction, for ten years. I was, not sober, but at least I was Opel Less.

Then, last year I just had to get ONE GT. Which then turned into two, and became one. However, there are five and a half GT's in Tom's backyard right, and as the Robert Cray song says, "It's because of me."

It's a weakness, but I can't help it. There I am at the store, and somebody walks up to me, and says, "Hey, I know where there's another one of those just sitting in a ...."

The next thing you know, there I am, sitting on the couch, holding a spoon over a butane lighter, with piece of surgical tubing tied on my arm.

"But I can quit tomorrow."

Tomorrow never comes my friend.

Look at poor Jimmy in Green Bay, and Poor Jimmy he will be if he does not quit buying GT's.

No, you must resist the urge. Because I am your friend, I am going to help you.

Tell me about this Manta, what year is it, four speed or automatic, what shape is it in, and what color is it? How much does he want for it? Do you have his phone number?

You better give it to me, so you won't get tempted.

I'm your friend pal, and I'll make sure YOU don't buy it.

He, he, he.....

·
Can Opeler
3,468 Posts
Hey someone else that listens to Robert Cray!
Wrench owning Opels seems like a "Labor of Love," and some of the people with Opelitis on the forum may be a "Bad Influence," if you buy too many though you won't have anywhere to put them or any money so you'll just be "Playin' in the Dirt."
But then again one more car won't hurt haha! There are "So Many Women(Opels), so Little Time"

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I would have know giving you some parts would cement my existence as a recurring character in your artsy fartsy "feel good revival"

I would have given the parts to george. jk
But Jimmy, you're my poster child.

You have the Lead in my Series, "These are the Days of our Opels."

Seriously, I only use you as an example, because....

Your just so damn easy.

C'mere, c'mon, gimme a hug. You know I love ya Bro.

·
Army Rotorhead
437 Posts
But Jimmy, you're my poster child.

You have the Lead in my Series, "These are the Days of our Opels."

Seriously, I only use you as an example, because....

Your just so damn easy.

C'mere, c'mon, gimme a hug. You know I love ya Bro.

....Maybe. ...but you still can't have his Bud Light.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Shopping for a Manta, look for one that's got a nice interior as those are some of the hardest parts to find in good condition if they're originals of a specific color.

(Best to avoid those "sat out in the sun over 20 years" cars for this reason).

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I know the Opel Junky posts are easier on the eyes to read, than the "other" posts which try to convince me of "something..." just about every day here.

Is this a "discussion" board, or "something" else?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Resurrection!

OK, I had to find a thread from Opel Junky so I could look for a part. Lowkey, I need a section of a front bumper, just about 12 inches long and not in the center. I'm trying to modify my front bumper, and you have probably seen the lower nose section I'm working toward, so you can understand why I might need to modify. :sigh: Anyway, if you (or do I go straight to Tom now?) have a piece like that I'd like to get it. You always want a price, so I'd say around $20 + shipping would be fair (hopefully to both of us as there aren't too many requests for 1/2 (or less of a bumper)! :yup: Just shoot a reply here or PM me. That goes for Tom and anybody else who might have what I need (but lowkey/Tom first). Thanks all! -- Doug

PS - I will also respond to "Toms Treasures" on eBay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts