Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)

I hope that I post in the right place. I have been looking for Factory Manuals and other handbooks for my Opel, but these things are becoming rare or I stumble upon leaflets, german language versions and other dead ends. I searched and found an old thread (mid 2002 IIRC) with someone wanting to scan some manuals and put them online. Is it possible to have such a library of all kinds of manuals and all Opels? The technical scans here are pretty good, but some full manuals in pdf would be much better. Besides, regarding copyright laws, I dont think it would be illegal. We are talkign about books 30+ yrs old and used not for profit but for restoration and conservation of our great machines. Of course, it all depends on people having spare time but it may worth the trouble.

Well? what do you think? :)

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
there is a 1973 workshop manual in the downloads section

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
A PDF format manual. interesting idea but too large for this site. At full Zip it's 15 meg. Email kicks it out but I wonder. Makes you think about using the search feature to see if maybe a SWF file could be found that has it broken into pieces this site will handle. Just an idea on this subject. Maybe a Moderator could put it on an open format in original zip format so it could be accessed? Just another idea....Baz, help me out here.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
good point i forgot to say if you have win-mx (the share ware prog) you can get the whole thing from me (im on 24-7 ish so its easy to get in the zip file

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding the size of files maybe they could be hosted off-site somewhere. It would be a nice library though to have access to books for all models (US-Euro), all years etc.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,981 Posts
would be a great thing to klick on a button and find the info you need :yes:

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
an update on this , as most of the share ware sites close down
if anyone wants the manual give me a shout and i will put it in
http://www.dropload.com/
so you can pick it up
:veryhappy

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
join dropload and pm your e-mail addresses and i will put it in then you will be notified

1 - 10 of 10 Posts