Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
So he wants money for it, but if they are not out within 24 hours he's going to scrap them. What a moron.

Dieter

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
It was down to $1500 for the pair.
From the pics, the floors looked okay. They are in Texas, so I think they would be worth investigating.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
Reactions: Nitromancer

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
He realized he couldn't put the money in either to do a hotrod (which is what they are all about) cause they could never recover the effort.
Which makes me wonder why he got them at all? Ignorance?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
So he wants money for it, but if they are not out within 24 hours he's going to scrap them. What a moron.

Dieter
LOL Kinda reminds me of another individual here not to long ago (Get it out of here or the opel gets it) sound familiar?
Maybe those two are related?

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
Ah, give him a break! He's like anybody else when he realizes there isn't much of a market for Opels (non-stock, 'stick a small block in it, now what do we do for the rest of it?' or gutted project Opels) and you can't just buy stuff from Speedway/Jegs/Summit and bolt it on so you have to think.
Probably got them cheap or free. And yet, he doesn't sound like he wants to junk them from the effort in trying to sell them.

Someone nearby should go offer him $750 for the pair.

·
Registered
The Young One
668 Posts
Too late, according to someone who posted this on the "book of face"... :oops:

View attachment 441036
Wow that really sucks. We need to convince people that opels are awesome and that they need to be saved. Man if I was even an hour away I would have had to save these to bad I am in Indiana. 😥

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Wow that really sucks. We need to convince people that opels are awesome and that they need to be saved. Man if I was even an hour away I would have had to save these to bad I am in Indiana.
A friend in Dallas did go to buy them. Gas monkey accepted $1000 but then decided to crush them with a monster truck instead for the publicity.

The friend managed to save some parts off of them first, and he’s going to pick up the crushed remains of them for parts later for free…

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,580 Posts
A friend in Dallas did go to buy them. Gas monkey accepted $1000 but then decided to crush them with a monster truck instead for the publicity.

The friend managed to save some parts off of them first, and he’s going to pick up the crushed remains of them for parts later for free…
That stunt doesn't help them to gain (much needed) popularity in the Opel world.

F**kers!

Dieter

1 - 20 of 45 Posts