Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Opeler
64 Posts
Graham
I may give you a call Later, I have been working in Ottawa for the last couple of months, and will be returning to NF on Thursday
if your available in the next couple of days, I may look you up
let me know
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Jeff, give jpiper (aka John McInnis) a call. He's also in Ottawa, but only for a few more months until DND (Dept of National Defence) transfers him back to Halifax. Hmm, probably shouldn't give his number out over the Internet, so PM him and he will get an e-mail. Or drop either Graham or myself a PM and we can give you his number.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Helo Jeff,

It was nice to hear from you last night. Too bad I'm going out of town or I would pick you up and take you to our Wednesday evening cruise night this wednesday at Place D'Orleans. They hold them every wednesday evening in the parking lot. Last week they had over 800 in attendance and a 50/50 draw of $190.00. Lots of old cars and motorcycles. John M. and I are the only Opelers so far.

I called John and left him a message but he might be out of town on his atlantic house hunting trip.

Give me a call when you are back in town and if I'm free and the evening is rain free we can take a trip to the wednesday evening show and shine, or I can bring you back to my place and we can swap Opel stories.

Regards Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ontario Opeler

Hi, just new to this site, virgin opeler looking for my first opel experience. I'm interested in purchasing an opel gt, any and all info would be great including where to find one, what to look for etc
Cheers!!!

·
Opeler
64 Posts
Graham
I took you up on suggestion and went to Place D'Orleans.
Quite interesting, I spent a couple of Hours looking around a great way to pass the evening.
Next time I will check to see if your in town
Jeff

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Hello Neighbour

:) Just live 30 miles down the road in Norwich. Owned a silver 71 GT new and loved it. Now thinking about a second childhood. Maybe very soon!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
1.9 GT said:
:) Just live 30 miles down the road in Norwich. Owned a silver 71 GT new and loved it. Now thinking about a second childhood. Maybe very soon!!
thats great to see someone so close, a couple months ago there was someone just outside london selling a pretty nice looking GT... i haven't heard that he sold it yet, if your interested i think his screen name is derby on the site if he still checks it

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Bought a 73 GT in good running order considering the carb is original, I have already started the resto by stripping all paint from the problem areas remembered from my past car. The car has several major exterior through rust issues on drivers side that had been previously fixed good enough to stop more major oxidation. Pans are great I couldn't believe my eyes only one small patch on drivers side required. used hammer to check the rest and she seems solid however stripping may reveal more. If you would like to see car and talk opels give me a call.

·
Opeler
2 Posts
Getting together

I think that would be fun to get together. I now live just 30 km. from London, ON, but all my 10 GTs and 1- 1900 are at my parents farm just south-east of Ottawa. I am hoping to bring at least one of them home this falls so I can get in back on the road next summer. I was taking to my neighbour about my opels and he was really interested in the Opels. One one of his drives he found one and bought it. I has started fixing it up to get on the road. I know that he would also be interested in meeting.

·
Opeler
80 Posts
Montreal 'In the house'

Hello All,
I would be interested in a meet at some point, the Ottawa trip would be a breeze from pointe Claire here on the west island of Montreal or you could make it towards Kingston to give the Toronto boys a break.
I am looking for a L/H marker light lens for my 71GT, any body got one in the alladins cave ?...Hello Rob how was the trip ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
another Ontario Opeler

Where is everyone? I've been reading these threads and realized they ceased 4 months ago. I'm planning to go for an Opel cruise of my own this late Spring with my son. Both the '70 and the '72. Planning to meet with other GT owners would be an unforgetable experience. We live in Harrow, ON., south of Windsor. If someone out there is in dire need of an Opel, maybe I can help you find one down here. The number is slowly decreasing because of owners finding parts cars and one idiot sent his to the Zalef scrap yard in Windsor. I should stop in there just to see if it actually went through the crusher.
Maybe I'll get a response from someone soon.

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
New Ontario Opel GT owner

Hi,
Found this old thread - it would be nice to refresh it.
After 18 year of sitting in the garage (mortgage, university for kids) my ex-California Opel GT is in the running condition again.
I leave in Goderich (southwest Ontario). Let us get together this summer. :wavey:
P.J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there, I just joined the club. My uncle was kind enough to let me have his '71 Opel ..he's '85 and was told by his girlfriend to get rid of it before he hurts himself...;)....it's currently in the shop on Vancouver island and I hope to have it shipped in the next couple of weeks to Ottawa

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Great! There's always room for one more Opeler here.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Seeing this thread made me realise I haven't a clue if anyone else from up here is heading to Carlisle this friday...
I'll be rolling out of Toronto hopefully at 7AM for the run down.:D
Rob.

·
Registered
276 Posts
New Opeler

I'm a relatively new Opeler as well, bought a '71 in August last year and joined this forum in January.

I won't be going to Carlisle, but would love to meet some of the great contributors to this forum.

An Ontario meeting would be a great idea :yup: !

Harold (in Oakville).

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Southern Ontario Summer BBQ

Provisional date for this years BBQ is Sun 24th June. More details after Carlisle...

41 - 60 of 62 Posts