Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures of an Opel radio that was made to look like a battery and a battery that was made to look like an Opel radio that looks like a battery. Here's what was said about it:

<<< For the introduction of the first radios under the Opel trademark in the second half of the 70's, some radios were built in the original battery case. In the later days, the lettering was black on white. In the original, the batteries were printed. I made the effort, and imitated them as a sticker. In the pictures, the second is still following, the sticker is still printed on shiny foil. Meanwhile, we printed them on matter foil. This looks better. The batteries are available at youngtimer batteries for a fair price. >>>

Opel Radio 1.jpg Opel Radio 2.jpg Opel Radio Battery 2.jpg Opel Radio Battery 1.jpg

WOW! That's cool!

Opel made radios?

:thinking:

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Wow Gordo, where in the world did you find that trivia???
Thanks, that was pretty cool though.
Dan

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an ad to buy the actual battery:

Opel Battery.jpg

I can't say I've ever seen a WHITE battery.

Look at the pic, did folks actually use braided strap for the ground wire?

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Must be back in the old days :haha: oh wow were all probably getting old. How technology has drastically changed over the years.
Dan

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Here's an ad to buy the actual battery:

View attachment 387881

I can't say I've ever seen a WHITE battery.

Look at the pic, did folks actually use braided strap for the ground wire?

Gordo,
Lots of cars still use a braided ground strap on the battery lol. Where have you been?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Us fancy folk up here in the Northeast are really fussy. We insist upon carbon nanotube battery cables wrapped with alligator skin and studded with rhinestones.

:lmao:
I have heard that some "science" guy is experimenting with small holes in the nanotube next to the rhinestones that make them illuminate! Do you know anything about this or is it just "one of those" rumors?

:yup::no::bs2:

:oops: ... Just got too close to MY nanotube! ...:shocked:

Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts