Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new Chat room is on-line. Access it via the Navigation Bar link.
There are 2 rooms. The Main Chat area and a Tech Talk sub-room.
Registered members have direct access. Click on the help button in thr Chat Room to learn more about it.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
It's not working Gary, the user password says it's optional, but when I try to login, I get an invalid password, try again. So I put in the password and I get the same message. And there is no access from the navigation bar, only the main menu button will get you there. O.K. now there's a button on the Navigation bar but it just brings me back to a new main/home page. Needs more help.

I giveup, now it's working. I must have tried to get in while you were uploading something in it. Sorry for my confusion

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
same here

I get the same run around Ron got, only I can't seem to get past it to get in.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Chat not working

Gary,

Just tried signing into chat---will not allow me to sign in.

Thanks for your help!

Vickie

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Discriminatory caht

Well Gary---it likes Ron real well--lets him with no problem. Still refuses to let Stephen and me in. Guess we are not quite as high up on the Opel rung as we need to be. :D

Thanks for working on it for us!

Vickie

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Just get "Invalid User name or Password" message when using my site password ?????? No Chat - don't like that! :confused:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Here's what's happening as of noon PDT. Using IE with either of the chat buttons, I get the box that says working and returning back to the home page. With Netscape using the chat button on the Nav bar I get the same box. Using the main menu then the chat button I get the chat room login page but when I try to login I get the invalid user name/password error. HTH.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I *think* it's working now. Changing code is much easier with a clear head. :rolleyes:

Next up, looking into a "Who's chatting" module. It will probably have a 10 minute lag so we don't get charged "extra" for exceeding the daily allotment..

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
works for me again thanks I could tell you were working onit.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary said:
Next up, looking into a "Who's chatting" module. It will probably have a 10 minute lag so we don't get charged "extra" for exceeding the daily allotment..
Going to hold off on this. There is a new version in Beta testing right now and it will have this included.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ok this time it locked me up real good and when everything was restarted it was the same as before with the invalid username or password if going direct and redirects back to the home page if I try it from this site. I did see a pop up of a java memory error for just a second before this started.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Chat

can't get there at all now. just white screen with msg:

Sorry!
The OpelGT.com page you requested has been moved or updated. Your browser will automatically redirect you to the OpelGT.com (www.opelgt.com) in 10 seconds. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we continuously enhance our website to provide information that's fresh and timely. The OpelGT.com team
:confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Chat Problem

Gary,
I get the same thing, just a white screen saying it is "Sorry" and sends me right back to the main page after 10 seconds....

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The program is JAVA based. Do you guys have Java installed in your browser?
What browsers are you using? I get in without problems on I.E. and Opera.

Were you able to get into the Chat area before the changes this past weekend?

I changed the configuration last night from a pop-up style to a fixed screen. Oldopelguy, namba209 and nobody were great help in the debugging and set up of the new program. We worked through a lot of issues.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Chat problem

Gary,
I am running Internet Explorer version 6.0 and AOL 9.0. I feel like, between the two, I should be able to run the Chat area but both will not let me into the chat area. If I do need the Java you talked about, how do I check to see if I have it or not? If I do not have it, where do I go to download it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It works now!!

Gary,

I was not able to get in at 9:30 AM (EST). However, I checked at 1:35PM and was able to get in with no trouble at all. Granted that was at work with the latest updates so tonight I will check from home.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Gary,

Still just get the "Sorry" page that tells me the link has been moved and then get returned to OpelGT.com. This is when I click on "Chat" - the Menu now shows no link to the Chat at all.

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorere V6 running under XP Home.

What is "Java" ??

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Error on opening page . . .

Gary said:
The program is JAVA based. Do you guys have Java installed in your browser?
What browsers are you using? I get in without problems on I.E. and Opera.

Were you able to get into the Chat area before the changes this past weekend?

I changed the configuration last night from a pop-up style to a fixed screen. Oldopelguy, namba209 and nobody were great help in the debugging and set up of the new program. We worked through a lot of issues.
OK, here's the poop . . . at least what I found in my case. opelgt.com is my "home page", and whenever I go to the web it opens the opelgt.com page and loads, but with "errors on page" yellow exclamation triangle, the details of which I've already forwarded to Gary. When I click on chat, I get the "white page" error previously described in this thread and it dumps me back to the "home page" with the errors icon in about ten seconds.

However, when I click on the Main Menu and switch to "Opel Forums", the page loads without errors and when I access Chat from there, it works as it should . . . only shows one forum though. Does that help, Gary? :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts