Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening gents...the 3l opel cih what kind of exhuast and headers does this engine like because from what I heard its prefers back pressure...
I want to keep the engine under 150kw but I want a 2 into 1 exhuast like 2×50mm into 1 57mm will it perform?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why should a four stroke engine need back pressure ? What it doesn't need are too big diameter headers and pipes that kill the speed of the exhaust gasses. I would make the single pipe part from 2,5" pipe if your engine has close to 150Kw. I have a 2" dual side exit exhaust in my 3 liter Commodore and it doesn't feel restricted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why should a four stroke engine need back pressure ? What it doesn't need are too big diameter headers and pipes that kill the speed of the exhaust gasses. I would make the single pipe part from 2,5" pipe if your engine has close to 150Kw. I have a 2" dual side exit exhaust in my 3 liter Commodore and it doesn't feel restricted.
Thanks you sir...do u have whatsapp by any chance if you do I'd really like to discuss with you

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sorry, no WhatsApp, I'm sort of a Luddite when it comes to modern gadgets. And even my cellphone is 10 years old and has a cracked display on top of that.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts