Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,729 Posts
OGTS sells the Dbilas intake manifolds for the 2.2/2.4 heads. I cant attest for their other parts but their intakes are, uh, inconsistent to say the least. I've ported a bunch of 2.4 heads over the years and have had to port match the intakes to the heads. In every case I had to weld the dowel holes and re-drill them to correctly align the runners. Some needed runner welding, some needed the flanges corrected, and the worst one had half the carburetor mounting studs drilled and tapped at an incorrect angle relative to the flange...you couldn't even slide the carb onto the intake!

So the machining quality was very spotty. The castings themselves seemed okay however.

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Does anyone have experience with their manifolds that fit the 1.9 heads? Wondering how they compare to cannon and other dual side draft offerings?
I see they also offer a version with injector holes - pretty cool!

·
Opeler
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OGTS sells the Dbilas intake manifolds for the 2.2/2.4 heads. I cant attest for their other parts but their intakes are, uh, inconsistent to say the least. I've ported a bunch of 2.4 heads over the years and have had to port match the intakes to the heads. In every case I had to weld the dowel holes and re-drill them to correctly align the runners. Some needed runner welding, some needed the flanges corrected, and the worst one had half the carburetor mounting studs drilled and tapped at an incorrect angle relative to the flange...you couldn't even slide the carb onto the intake!

So the machining quality was very spotty. The castings themselves seemed okay however.
So, if these aren't that high of quality...where can someone get their hands on some decent dual intake manifolds?

·
Super Moderator
13,729 Posts
Risse in Germany and Misab in Sweden both make CIH intakes. There's also Lahouter in Belgium.

·
Super Moderator
13,729 Posts
Will their intakes fit the 2.2 head? I have the 2.2 in my car and it can be confusing figuring out which parts go with what CIH motors...
They all have intakes for either head style. You just need to clarify you have the raised port 2.2/2.4 style head.

·
Opeler
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They all have intakes for either head style. You just need to clarify you have the raised port 2.2/2.4 style head.
Some have been easier to identify than others. Thanks for the 'heads' up :haha:

Since you originally mentioned that the Dbilas aren't of the highest ilk...how would you rate these manifolds? Do you have any personal experience with them? Any of the famous RallyBob flow tests?

·
Super Moderator
13,729 Posts
Since you originally mentioned that the Dbilas aren't of the highest ilk...how would you rate these manifolds? Do you have any personal experience with them? Any of the famous RallyBob flow tests?
I have ported and flowed the Dbilas, and flow tested the Misab manifolds for the 1.9 heads. But I have not flowed the Risse or Lahouter manifolds for either head type.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts