Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
3,024 Posts
Awesome! Some day I hope to see it in person, but this may be the next best thing. :cool:
By the way, I never knew about this "split GT" I imagine it was intended to show the difference between the prototype and production car. Was this done by Opel?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Awesome! Some day I hope to see it in person, but this may be the next best thing. :cool:
By the way, I never knew about this "split GT" I imagine it was intended to show the difference between the prototype and production car. Was this done by Opel?

View attachment 436986
Dang, that almost looks like a cheetah!

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,573 Posts
So AWESOME.. and if you are careful and walk towards the back you can even get to the basement !! Its like an easter egg to find :)

·
7,573 Posts
My trip this past June.. ;)

Attachments

Reactions: The Cub and rrossjr

·
Detritus Maximus
2,936 Posts

View attachment 436986
I agree with the Cheetah reference!

Probably a clay design model from before anything was made. Neither side looks 'production'.

Reactions: rrossjr

·
Vendor
3,024 Posts
I agree with the Cheetah reference!

Probably a clay design model from before anything was made. Neither side looks 'production'.
Agreed. The driver's side is really similar to the 1965 Frankfort Motor Show car. The passenger side is very different than the eventual design that went into production. Cool and unique!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Can anyone think of a reason why no one has brought an Opel dealership here to the states?
I would think there would be a bigger market for it than one would think?
But maybe I'm bias for opels

• Haha
Reactions: GoinManta

·
Detritus Maximus
2,936 Posts
Can anyone think of a reason why no one has brought an Opel dealership here to the states?
I would think there would be a bigger market for it than one would think?
But maybe I'm bias for opels
It's called...Buick.

·
7,573 Posts
It's called...Buick.
Was.. now we may see them come over as Dodge OR PSA will bring the brand over.

I think PSA got in bed with FCA, simply to have an established dealer network, because building a dealer network is hard and expensive.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Any ideas how many are out there?
Or was it like a one off?

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,613 Posts
The orange car by the stairs to the basement is the GTW. Opel created a concept GT powered by a Wankel engine.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,936 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
2,936 Posts
Any ideas how many are out there?
Or was it like a one off?
The Cheetah? Pretty much a racecar, not practical for the street. As fast as it was, it had Corvette drum brakes.

Reactions: terrylewisac
1 - 20 of 27 Posts